Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 3:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are there no help hotlines for bullies?
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies?
(December 5, 2015 at 12:18 am)Judi Lynn Wrote:
(December 4, 2015 at 11:58 pm)Heat Wrote: Yes, and if a victim of bullying possessed the self-awareness and emotional stability to recognize that they have issues they probably wouldn't be victims, and would get help.

That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. This is nothing more than projection and a very weak attempt at making an argument. Sure, let's blame the victim because they don't possess the emotional stability and self-awareness enough to keep themselves from being bullied. What a crock of shit. 

Excuse me, but I WAS a victim of bullying in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. You want to know what happened when I said something to an adult at school about it? Nothing good. If anything, it made things worse because now those kids really had a reason to go after me. And they did. 

I NEVER asked to be bullied. Using a third grader as an example, I can tell you from experience that a child, much less a young one, does not possess enough "self-awareness" and emotional stability to recognize they have issues. Furthermore, what makes you think the victim has issues to begin with?  

In my case, we had just moved and I was the "new kid" at school. I was shy and that is what made me an easy target. If you think that being a new kid to school and being shy are "issues" then you lack empathy and compassion. 

Again, Victims don't start their day out thinking, hmm... I think I'll go be a victim of bullying today. You're delusional if you think they do.
Not responding to you again as:
  • You COMPLETELY cut off the point I was making, and the parallel comparison.
  • You are responding with the same cut-and-dry instant disregard of this opinion I mentioned.
I was making a comparison as to the fact that victims have trouble speaking out just as much, yet we've still managed to convince them to. You agreed with this, and told me the exact same thing. I made the parallel comparison that if victims struggle and still are able to, bullies can as well, but you rudely and ignorantly cut that part off so that you could reply and feed your emotional anger.

"Sure, let's blame the victim because they don't possess the emotional stability and self-awareness enough to keep themselves from being bullied. What a crock of shit. "
AND OKAY, DID I EVER SAY LET'S BLAME THE VICTIM? YOU'RE RIGHT WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT YOUR STATEMENT IS, AS IF I EVEN REMOTELY WAS TRYING TO BLAME THE VICTIM.

"Furthermore, what makes you think the victim has issues to begin with? "
NOTHING! I SAID THE OPPOSITE!

"In my case, we had just moved and I was the "new kid" at school. I was shy and that is what made me an easy target. If you think that being a new kid to school and being shy are "issues" then you lack empathy and compassion."
I said that the victim may have issues after the fact, we are talking about after the fact, because they may develop issues [I.E Anxiety, Depression] Because of the abuse.

"Again, Victims don't start their day out thinking, hmm... I think I'll go be a victim of bullying today. You're delusional if you think they do."
What the fuck? HOW MANY TIMES DID I SAY IT IS NOT THE VICTIMS FAULT. WHEN DID I EVER EVEN REMOTELY SAY WHAT YOU JUST ATTEMPTED TO CLAIM I DID.

You are an asshole. You misrepresented me in every SINGLE line of that post, and tried to make it seem like I claimed those ridiculous claims you said.
Goodbye. I refuse to respond any more to someone with that much of disrespect, someone that is so angry they don't even think before typing. Someone who calls me delusional, among other insults for making statements that they conjured up in their head.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.

Messages In This Thread
Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 4, 2015 at 9:14 pm
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by dyresand - December 4, 2015 at 11:38 pm
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 4, 2015 at 11:42 pm
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 4, 2015 at 11:55 pm
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 5, 2015 at 12:06 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 12:19 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 5, 2015 at 12:34 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 12:51 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Athene - December 4, 2015 at 11:44 pm
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 4, 2015 at 11:58 pm
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 5, 2015 at 12:18 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 12:31 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Athene - December 5, 2015 at 12:20 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 12:08 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Chad32 - December 5, 2015 at 12:01 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by vorlon13 - December 5, 2015 at 12:02 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Losty - December 5, 2015 at 12:39 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 5, 2015 at 12:50 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 1:01 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 5, 2015 at 1:04 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Losty - December 5, 2015 at 1:42 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 5, 2015 at 1:50 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 1:54 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Losty - December 5, 2015 at 2:01 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 2:25 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Losty - December 5, 2015 at 2:34 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Joods - December 5, 2015 at 2:27 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Heat - December 5, 2015 at 5:04 am
RE: Why are there no help hotlines for bullies? - by Losty - December 5, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 852 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1051 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Why is there no Puerto Rico thread Alex K 93 28671 October 11, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why are there more crazies these days? ignoramus 24 7289 June 1, 2017 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Why isn't there a fight against unhealthy food like is for drugs? NuclearEnergy 22 5422 May 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Isis
  Why are there so many creeps on the internet? NuclearEnergy 52 12314 May 25, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: eggie
  Why would God do this to me when it would help him TorchWOULD_or_WOULDNT 55 6892 February 20, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann