Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaningfulness v meaninglessness; theism vs atheism;
RE: Meaningfulness v meaninglessness; theism vs atheism;
dqualk Wrote:to Minimlaist

You are militantly ignorant. You do not seek the truth. You just insult people on baselfess bull shit.

There is no f in baseless. Anyway, just because he doesn't seek your "version" of the truth, does not mean he hasn't sought truth.

dqualk Wrote:Hitler was not a fine Catholic; you are a liar.

Please refrain from knee-jerk personal insults. It adds nothing to the conversation and only muddies the waters.

dqualk Wrote:Proving further that you are an immoral shitty atheist.

Define shitty.

dqualk Wrote:I can call myself a chair, that does not make me a chair.

And you can call Min shitty and immoral, but that does not make him so.

dqualk Wrote:There are very clear teachings on what it means to behave like a Catholic.

Yes, there are and chances are that some of the atheists here have studied Catholic teachings more extensively than you have. It is in your best interest to feel out the community before you start spouting off.

dqualk Wrote:Anti-semetism has always been condemned by the Church, when the Church is speaking as a whole.

Bullshit and please define "speaking as a whole." I'm pretty sure Catholics don't make up the rules. They just follow them blindly.

dqualk Wrote:Yes there are Catholics who do evil things.

I can't argue with that.

dqualk Wrote:This does not mean the Church on a whole condones, or ever condoned such actions.

Oh, sure, they don't condone killing puppies, but ignoring things is as good as condoning.

Witch hunts=fully condoned.
Pedophilia=swept under the rug therefore, condoned.

dqualk Wrote:It has in fact always condemned them.

Not true at all. You'll notice that I refrained from calling you a liar and simply called your argument untrue. That's called holding your temper. You ought to try it.

dqualk Wrote:If anything Hitler was an atheist who used his Catholic birth as a way to get votes from a very powerful Catholic segment of Germany.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

dqualk Wrote:The fact is Hitler thought of religion as something to trick people with, so that they will do your will. But he certainly was not a devout believer. Two of the greatest organized, thoughtfully intentional atrocities of all time were committed under atheistic regimes which sought to silence religion, and Christianity in particular: commmunism and nazism.

Someone needs a history lesson. Gott mit uns mean anything to you?

dqualk Wrote:When someone does evil in the name of Christianity they do it in a decietful and underhanded way, misleading poor ignorant folk to do things they otherwise would not do. With nazism and communism, people willingly and knowingly committed these great atrocities because they were materialist who understood that objective* good is a fiction to control people (if you are an atheist).

You make no sense.

dqualk Wrote:You are using the part is like the whole fallacy and I'm sure you know better, you just want to insult and prey on the ignorance of others by saying things that are superfluous to the point.

Are you saying he is trying to prey on your ignorance?

dqualk Wrote:The idea of God is far more worthy of belief and based within reality then the stupid shit you keep spouting off. If you truly can't see that its because you've blinded yourself with hate. I don't come in here acting like its easy to see that God is real, or that atheism is clearly false. I come in here humbly saying I know its hard. I know intelligent, honest, good people have struggled with these questions and honestly come up on different sides. I'm just trying to give reasons why I think the side I came up on, in which I am among GREAT company, is a stronger side, and perhaps I can persuade someone else, perhaps not.

Nothing has been humble about your approach. It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself you are virtuous after you had a fit of anger.

dqualk Wrote:My tactic to persuade on the issue is to point out that the atheistic system has a much more troubleing view of humanity and Theism has a very beautiful view of humanity, sometimes. I know this does not mean that it is true. However, I believe that both systems are consistent and have some measure of legitimacy, and if this is the case I think, after much struggling one should arrive at the conclusion that Christianity is true, and that our reality is meaningless and irrational apart from faith. As we have to base are most basic apriori observations on faith, or something akin to it. Within Christianity man is the pinnacle of creation and he is loved and his meaing flows from an eternal omnipotent source.

You'll do no convincing with that argument.

dqualk Wrote:Instead of honest dialouge you continually try to derail me using STUPIDITY that is not to the point and that is fucking useless, because I can sit here and say insulting things that are based half way in reality but in truth do not contribute to the arguement at all. Like men molesting other people is new to any people group. Teachers, family members, and people of all religions abuse people. As a matter of FACT Catholic clergy do it far less than nearly any other group like say teachers or family members. At least witin Catholicism we can objectively say that what they are doing is evil and will be punished, in this life or the next, with conviction.

How very fucking Christian of you to call someone stupid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meaningfulness v meaninglessness; theism vs atheism; - by Shell B - January 10, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism, theism, agnosticism, gnosticism, ignosticism Simon Moon 25 2159 October 29, 2022 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moral universalism and theism Interaktive 20 1951 May 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Comparing Theism with Flat-Earthism FlatAssembler 26 2200 December 21, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Protection Against the Wiles of Theism Rhondazvous 9 1549 April 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Anti-Theism Haipule 134 25936 December 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population Coveny 49 13313 September 12, 2017 at 9:36 am
Last Post: mordant
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27435 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Occam's Razor, atheism, theism and polytheism. Jehanne 74 17196 February 14, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Has the Atheism vs. Theism debate played it's course? MJ the Skeptical 49 10967 August 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard? FebruaryOfReason 458 55104 February 27, 2016 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13