Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pagan influences on the biblical stories of Jesus' life
RE: Pagan influences on the biblical stories of Jesus' life
(March 21, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(March 21, 2016 at 4:13 am)Huggy74 Wrote: Nope

How does one go about demonstrating that there was "no inspiration" from pagan religions in Christianity?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you support your claim that there is 'no truth' to claims of syncretism?

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: - Romans 1:20

I have always said that the ancient civilizations of the world were monotheists turned polytheists, and that Babylon was the origin of all the worlds mythologies as evidenced from my post from well over a year ago.

(December 11, 2014 at 4:40 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: The establishment of Babel (Babylon, a great civilization of ancient times), ushered in Polytheism which spread from Babel into Egypt, from Egypt to Greece, and from Greece into the world.

My point is, every polytheistic religion can be traced back to Babel.

As told in the book of Genesis, God promised the woman a seed (this is the prophecy of the virgin birth because "seed" only comes from the man) which we all know to be Jesus Christ, the redeemer.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. - Genesis 3:15

In the Book of Revelation Jesus is the Lion of Judah.

And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. -  Revelation 5:5

So here we have the first and last books of the bible depicting the Virgin and the Lion.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2014-11-10-at-1.18.58-PM.jpg]
http://www.evidencetoconsider.com/prophe...dle-sphinx
Quote:The inset image is from the Temple of Esneh in Egypt. An image of s sphinx is placed between the signs for Leo (on the left) and Virgo (on the right, holding a branch). The word sphinx means “to bind closely together” (from the Greek Sphiggo). This indicates that this is the point at which the constellations begin and end. And, like the head of the sphinx, which is that of a woman, the constellations begin with Virgo, and end, like the tail of the sphinx, which is that of a lion, with Leo.
This means that before there was ever a scripture written God symbolized his plan in the zodiac and the ancient peoples knew this, and are without excuse.

Horus can be traced back to the Horites (you see, Egypt didn't originate anything):
http://jandyongenesis.blogspot.com/2011/...ement.html
Quote:Monotheism existed in ancient Kush long before the Jews were identifiable as a distinct people. Archaeological and anthropological evidence indicates that the Horite priests as early as 3000 B.C. believed in a single supreme creator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horites
Quote:The first mention of the Horites in the Torah was when they were defeated by a coalition of Eastern kings led by the Kedorlaomer of Elam (in modern Iran). These kings had come through the Horite territory to subdue a rebellion by a coalition of other 'kings' of peoples whom they had ruled for twelve years, who were living near the Dead Sea and Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 14:1-12).

Later, according to Genesis 36, the Horites co-existed and inter-married with the family of Esau, grandson of Abraham through Isaac (Genesis 25:21-25). They were eventually brought under the rule of the descendants of Esau, also then known as Edom.

As a side note, what I find Interesting is that the descendant of Esau were described as having red skin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edom
Quote:The Hebrew word Edom means "red", and is derived from the name of its original founder, whose name was Esau, the elder son of the Hebrew patriarch Isaac, because he was born "red all over".

Does the term "redskin" sound familiar? If we look at the native American symbol for God (The Great Spirit), and the symbol for Horus, they both depict an all seeing eye.

[Image: great-spirit-symbol.jpg][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsxoDIUuxuDsgdaNXCqaR...2txqWJ-YpM]

Could these native Americans be the descendants of the red-skinned Edomites formerly known as the Horites? Thinking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pagan influences on the biblical stories of Jesus' life - by Huggy Bear - March 29, 2016 at 8:55 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There will be fewer "cousin" stories in the future, I think. Gawdzilla Sama 0 522 December 15, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saints With The Best Stories BrianSoddingBoru4 18 1942 November 15, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Rebuke on Biblical Prophecy Narishma 12 1551 May 28, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10934 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 24096 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 15067 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5466 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Biblical Date Rape chimp3 38 7153 July 29, 2016 at 10:35 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Biblical Incest Foxaèr 35 6676 July 19, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  biblical diabetes cure brewer 30 8431 June 30, 2016 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist