Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 1:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!"
RE: "Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!"
(April 24, 2016 at 12:33 pm)Losty Wrote:
(April 24, 2016 at 12:12 pm)pool the great Wrote: Ugh. *facepalm* dumbass.
Let me sum up for you,  men prefer sexy women not because of societal standards but because of hard-coded biology due to various evolutionary purposes. Women prefer "manly" men not because of societal standards but because of hard-coded biology due to various evolutionary purposes.
This is what the article talks about.  
You were complaining how these standards were imposed by society, these standards weren't, this is what the article talks about, these standards mean in a purely biological sense higher probability of passing on genes.  

You were saying these standards were imposed by society, I just showed you that you were wrong with a real study. Do you have any source for your claim?  I mean other than random blog posts of feminists that is.

Apparently you're now asking me how biology is the only factor playing into these standards. This is called moving goal post. I showed you were wrong, it's time for you to shed some credibility on your words, I do hope they aren't just ideas you took from feminist blogs and such.

I didn't move any goal posts. You asserted 1 thing and I asked you to prove it. You failed because you're assertion was not "hey it's partially because of biology". Also, there are a lot more social standards than just the 2 you're focusing on.

You're so fucking annoying. There are social standards that exist within societies and vary from one society to another. The exact cause is speculation. I believe it's biology, religion, and many other things that factor in. You asserted that it's biology. You did not assert that it's biology and other things, you asserted that it's biology period for social norms period. You have not proven this. You can keep trying but you will keep failing.

Societal standards originate from many things and people adhere to them for many reasons. Mating and biology are part of it but they are not the whole thing. Everything in this world does not revolve around mating.

Quote:I didn't move any goal posts. You asserted 1 thing and I asked you to prove it.
You said the standards you talked about were imposed by society. I said that the standards you talked about were not imposed by society but biology. Notice how I said "the standards you talked about" and not all societal standards. After I proved how you were wrong and after you couldn't prove shit we ended up with you asking me to prove how my article has relevance with all societal standards(table manners are also standards people abide by). This is called moving goal posts.

Quote:Also, there are a lot more social standards than just the 2 you're focusing on.
Yeah, no shit, way to move the goal posts. Nobody is taking about all the societal standards, we were talking about the societal standards you mentioned that you said were imposed by society(which it isn't, which you have yet to provide a credible source to back up with).

Quote:I believe it's biology, religion, and many other things that factor in.
Up until some time ago you were arguing the standards you mentioned were a result of society imposing it. Now you believe it's biology, religion and many things that factor in. Nice try, you were arguing against how biology had anything to do with our discussion,I was the one arguing for it and I have already shown the relevance of biology in the discussion. Now that you've mentioned "religion and many other things that factor in" - prove it.

Quote:Societal standards originate from many things and people adhere to them for many reasons. Mating and biology are part of it but they are not the whole thing. Everything in this world does not revolve around mating.
Again, you were arguing against how biology having any relevance on the subject, you can't change your stance mid -debate.

I'm also waiting for a source for your claims, so far you've only been asking me for source, if you aren't going to source your word salad in your next post and continue to bitch about how annoying I am, consider your post ignored with not even a slightest fuck given. Peace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!" - by ErGingerbreadMandude - April 24, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I believe in human rights Interaktive 10 1679 December 28, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Interaktive