Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 8:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the boss checked my computer history and saw AF
RE: the boss checked my computer history and saw AF
(April 26, 2016 at 5:08 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(April 26, 2016 at 4:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Bullshit, against the law doesn't favor the worker. You assume trust in the owner, there simply is no way in "he said she said" cases. You are talking about law on paper, I am talking about the ways people can get around it. 

Knowing the history of other minorities such as gays and blacks and women, it is very easy to fire someone and lie about why you did it. Without a recording or witnesses, they can fire you and never have to explain why, and if they do, they will always claim production reasons.

If your boss doesn't like you because you are Mormon or Muslim or Hispanic, all they have to do in most states is say your uniform was not clean, you said something wrong to a customer, you showed up late. And they can totally be lying about it and you have no way of proving it unless you have a recording and even with one witness, all it takes is a majority at that job site to agree with the boss, even if you are the one telling the truth.

EOE only works with back up, and lawyers. "Right to work" is bullshit, it literally means "right to make any fucking excuse to fuck over workers" and for any reason. Don't assume the boss is telling the truth and dont assume it is impossible for them to lie and get away with it.

I suggest you look up the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Brian. As a business manager for 15 years, I kinda had to know this. You cannot fire someone legally for religious reasons. Sure, lying can and does happen, but I never said otherwise, so cool your jets.

I'm on my phone right now, so I can't C&P directly for your benefit, otherwise I would. If the conversation is still going when I get home tonight, I will.

I AM NOT DISPUTING  what the written law is. I am saying people lie, and if there is no physical evidence to back up your claims, it is very hard to prove. THAT IS ALL I AM SAYING.

Again, you are far too trusting of business owners. Many do follow the law, but IN OUR CURRENT STATE, it is very easy for an owner or boss to fire you and lie about why they did it, and the worker fired has no way to prove it.

Even without race or religion I got canned myself, and saw it coming. The asshole who bought the place from our prior owner at our first meeting said "Nothing is going to change"........ I knew the fucker was lying his ass off because the next thing he said was "I want several of these", meaning he wanted to Xerox the place and turn it into another Denny's, taking one mom and pop store and copying it. I knew right at that point he didn't give one fuck about the long term stability of any of us. He was all about money. 

He used the fact, even after years of proving myself, prior to him buying the place, that I would not multitask, and fired me despite all my work. Sure it was his legal right under law, but he still fucking lied and he didn't give one shit about what I wanted. My point is people lie and get away with it. The worst part is the asshole had the manager do it, instead of firing me himself, he is a fucking coward.

My point is I identify with fuzzy and I can see very easily how people can get even for very petty reasons for no other reason that they are control freaks. People do lie and get away with it despite even what law says.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the boss checked my computer history and saw AF - by Brian37 - April 26, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 7101 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1823 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Computer repair workshop customers I need your help purplepurpose 12 1222 March 18, 2019 at 9:33 am
  Your ideal home office/computer pit. Gawdzilla Sama 4 793 August 25, 2018 at 12:34 pm
  Too sexy for my computer Foxaèr 40 8409 May 13, 2018 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Succubus
  My wife saw the new Al Gore movie. Jehanne 29 5338 August 23, 2017 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  history of the entire world, i guess Edwardo Piet 11 2644 May 27, 2017 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Name the skeptic or atheist, history trivia. Brian37 17 2608 April 13, 2017 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Looking for a video I saw recently Asmodee 3 777 December 30, 2016 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Bit of fun: Maverick vs. Boss robvalue 1 534 December 20, 2016 at 10:15 am
Last Post: paulpablo