Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
Quote:That couldn't happen in Switzerland

No. That COULD happen in switzerland, just like it COULD happen in London, or any other country. You have just made a very bold statement, one of which not only will you be basing the rest of your post from, but you also offered no evidence for. The closest you come is by saying Switz. is "an advanced country". You have also said the same of London, but not of America. You never once give the properties of what it takes to be an "advanced" country as well. What does it mean to be an "advanced country"? I dont know. Apparently YOU do, seeing as you are using the terminology. Care to share how and why a country can become "advanced" and explain wether this is a nation wide status, or it is merely your lone opinion?

Quote:No educated and disciplined individual would go out and shoot a random person dead.
Really? This is assumption number 2. Of course it can happen. So what do you mean by education? Does an associates degree count, or is a highschool education good enough to claim one is educated? How about the Disciplined and educated troops in most western militaries? Do they not follow orders and go out shooting people they dont know? Honestly, you are saying words, but they are not clicking. You need to be specific when you say things like "education" and "disciplined". Disciplined how? Disciplined the way you think discipline is, as opposed to the way some Muslims think discipline is? Is a highschool graduation meaning that one is educated. I would think that a person who has a higschool degree is "educated", and that makes MANY, if not the mass majority of murderers in America of the "educated" persuasion. When a military man drops a bomb, does he not know that anyone, child or adult, can be killed by such an action? Yet he does it anyways? According to you, that millitary man should NOT drop the bomb because of his education and discipline, but in this case it is the opposite, because they will not allow an uneducated, undisciplined IDIOT be in charge of a billion dollar bomber jet.

I do agree that it is the society, and not the gun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider... - by reverendjeremiah - April 21, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1826 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3446 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2243 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1886 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1083 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 5016 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 867 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 340 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1281 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 2000 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger