Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ontological Argument - valid or debunked?
RE: The Ontological Argument - valid or debunked?
(June 20, 2016 at 11:29 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I don't think you understand, what is meant by possible here, and in regards to possible worlds.   This is saying that it is logically possible or that there isn't a logical reason to reject it.  It is an argument from pure reason

There is a logical reason to reject the premise: "maximally great being" is a logically incoherent concept and such a being could never actually exist.

Done.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ontological Argument - valid or debunked? - by Esquilax - June 21, 2016 at 12:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ontological Argument for the Existence of God athrock 429 76429 March 14, 2016 at 2:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why theists think their irrational/fallacious beliefs are valid Foxaèr 26 6502 May 1, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic