Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is contemporary atheism sufficient to sustain a civilisation?
RE: Is contemporary atheism sufficient to sustain a civilisation?
(August 14, 2016 at 12:34 pm)abaris Wrote:
(August 14, 2016 at 12:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Compared to last century?  Chinese history shows a repeated pattern.  When the people are dissatisfied they rebel.  When the rebellions start let me know and I will reconsider my position.

No, I don't do comparing. I'm in the business of not presenting a model that is obviously shit awful for anyone than the 1 percenters. Worse than what we have in Europe or America. So, please, don't buy the media hype and take it for what it really is. Orgasm land for every outsourcing western company.

The model has actually been spectacularly great for about 20% of China population, who reside in preexisting coastal urban population centers, perhaps greater than any other model in history had ever been for so large a number of people.  It is also good enough to be better than any plausible alternative for about 50% of the population who mainly reside in relatively well connected rural areas, no worse than what they've been use to for about 15% who resided in more remote rural areas, and only for at most 5%, who menifestly have priorities other than what would be considered understandable by the 95%, is what they have now shit aweful.   But because we think the 5% suits us and must therefore be right, the other 95%, must wrong and their assessment therefore doesn't matter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is contemporary atheism sufficient to sustain a civilisation? - by Anomalocaris - August 14, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "God has morally sufficient reasons for permitting evil" Freedom of thought 58 18043 December 27, 2013 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Freedom of thought