Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special"
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special"
We do have a way of assessing whether or not our faculties represent truth.  Reason.  That's all that truth is.  We even have a way of testing those propositions we plug into our means of inference, science.  It's not that we don't possess these things, you simply don't accept their credibility in this, your special case. 

Quote:we do not really know where the experiences come from,
-the brain.
Quote: why 
-survival
Quote:or how.
-could be any number of ways, none of which, thusfar, exceed or argue against materialism, or are inexplicable by reference to materialism. The only people producing results -of any kind- are, in fact, producing them from a necessarily materialistic framework. It could be something else entirely, and that thing may be something that exceeds the boundaries of materialism, we don't know what we don;t know, this is hardly a revelation....but until you can provide something that exceeds materialism in the first place..you're going to have a hard time justifying why you not only believe that said something exists...but is here, in this specific example of mind, present.

You see, we do know these things, that knowledge does exist, you argue against the existence of knowledge (while claiming it) and the reality of the universe (while telling us about it,what it cannot be and what -you- think it's made of)...not materialism, not materialist explanations of mind or qualia. You hold your objections to a lesser standard than you hold the thing to which you object. You exceed your own objections in the manner by which you -do- object. You will not accept any counterfactual to your initial position, regardless of the standards which it has met.

All of this only serves the purpose to plead a special case...which isn;t a fallacy if it -is- a special case..but since you;ve failed to demonstrate that it is.....a fallacy it remains. Meanwhile, you gladly steal the material concept -for- your objections in any other instance which we have ever had occasion to discuss.

Now look at that tangled mess of shit, above. Imagine, hard as it may be...that it's an accurate description of what you've been doing. Is it any wonder than no one can answer your questions to your satisfaction..and isn't the inability of anyone to answer those questions to your satisfaction your repeatedly stated reason for continuing as such?

Food for thought.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Bunburryist - September 29, 2016 at 10:45 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Gemini - September 29, 2016 at 4:53 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Gemini - September 30, 2016 at 3:36 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 30, 2016 at 11:05 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Gemini - September 30, 2016 at 11:16 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 30, 2016 at 11:34 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Whateverist - September 30, 2016 at 12:09 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 2:12 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 2:45 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 2:48 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by GUBU - October 1, 2016 at 2:24 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 3:46 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 3:43 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 3:49 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 4:12 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 4:25 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 4:32 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 4:45 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 29, 2016 at 7:07 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 29, 2016 at 9:19 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 29, 2016 at 11:07 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Tangra - September 29, 2016 at 10:28 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 30, 2016 at 12:27 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Foxaèr - September 30, 2016 at 12:07 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Ben Davis - September 30, 2016 at 10:53 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 30, 2016 at 11:46 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by robvalue - September 30, 2016 at 11:48 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by bennyboy - September 30, 2016 at 1:08 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Gemini - September 30, 2016 at 2:01 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by brewer - September 30, 2016 at 1:12 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Arkilogue - September 30, 2016 at 2:24 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Arkilogue - September 30, 2016 at 2:54 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Whateverist - September 30, 2016 at 11:06 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Arkilogue - September 30, 2016 at 9:52 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Foxaèr - September 30, 2016 at 11:35 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Foxaèr - October 1, 2016 at 12:00 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Foxaèr - October 1, 2016 at 12:17 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Sal - October 4, 2016 at 7:55 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Sal - October 4, 2016 at 8:20 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Sal - October 4, 2016 at 11:14 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Sal - October 4, 2016 at 8:51 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Sal - October 5, 2016 at 6:59 am
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by The Grand Nudger - October 5, 2016 at 12:48 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Jesster - October 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm
RE: Occams Hatchet and Is Materialism "Special" - by Foxaèr - October 6, 2016 at 12:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 4675 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Short essay on dualism, idealism, & materialism as concerns Q: What is a table? Mudhammam 28 4800 February 27, 2017 at 3:02 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Idealism is more Rational than Materialism Rational AKD 158 45890 February 12, 2015 at 4:51 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Materialism Is good for society freedomfighter 18 6560 August 12, 2012 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  On the very root of Materialism. Descartes 19 5916 July 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Violet