Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. Why was I born me and not another?
(October 12, 2016 at 6:13 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I'm pretty sure we were all born me.  Who else could you have been born as?
I mean, I could have randomly been born someone else, out of another woman, or I could have been nothing. I really don't know why this question is so hard to just articulate, because the question makes perfect sense to me. We're just particles, there's nothing special about a human being. You guys keep saying that you couldn't have become something else because you came from your mom. I KNOW!!! But did you ever think how they became the people they did? They evolved, yes. I could have also been born a monkey. It's all just random arrangements of particles. Those particles are random, they randomly assemble because of some processes of the universe. I somehow became a human being, not a whale, not a monkey, not a dolphin, not a giant octopus, but a human being. And all that other matter that came from the star dust just became rocks and dust and whatever other living or non living stuff that exists on the planet. So I have to wonder, why do I exist in a conscious body that can observe it's own existence instead of being just a rock??? Like I really don't know how else to describe this, I feel like I'm just restating the same thing in a different way over and over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. Why was I born me and not another? - by EruptedCarcassBloat - October 12, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Too Complicated For Creatards Minimalist 4 1518 April 7, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: ignoramus