Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another?
And by the way I think I figured out a different way of simplifying the question. You know, a lot of people say that you were one lucky sperm out of a ton of sperm that didn't make it. You could have just as easily been the egg, which would make it a lot easier to imagine the possibility of you being born. However, what is the possibility of the egg giving birth to you? It's strange because there's all these people around me who are not me they were all born from an egg too. If, goodness forbid, my mom died before I was born, then I would have essentially never existed. This is one way to look at it, but then you have to wonder, there must have been other factors that determine whether or not a person was born. A woman goes through her period producing a different egg every month. So that seems like it further slims the chance of you actually being born, not to mention the fact that every time there's a new egg, there's a new child that could be born, all the children from a mother are different unless they're identical twins. This seems to make me think that the possibility of being born is actually very slim.

This sounds like a good idea for a vsauce video.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sort of a complicated question, I'll try to ask. How was I born me and not another? - by EruptedCarcassBloat - October 13, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Too Complicated For Creatards Minimalist 4 1518 April 7, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: ignoramus