Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 11:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 13, 2016 at 2:07 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 12:27 pm)Drich Wrote: I did not blame the victim. I simply explained why there is a time limit to rape in some states.
emphasis mine.

Bullfuckingshit. You explained jack crap.

Let me quote you since you don't see where you blamed the victim:
Oh.. wait a tick lets look at what i said in it's completed context. (Which was said before your story was sharedSmile

Drich post 25 Wrote:Here's a thought...

IF it takes a woman or man waits 5 years to report a rape... it wasn't.

If someone drills you in the can and you seriously did not want to be drilled in the can, then why wait over 5 years to report it?

It is far more likely that alleged 'victim' seeks or see to further benefit from said can drilling by changing their consent status. After all how can one prove consent? Now how can one prove consent after such a long time? oh, that's right they don't say anything for more than 5 years.

So how does NY have a statute of limitations on rape? Because at one time the state law makers had a modicum of common sense.

I did not explain anything? how about I did not blame anyone for a rape. I did not say it was the victim's fault I never mentioned the circumstances nor did I ever call into question the victim's right to report said rape in the alotted SoL..

I did however offer a viable narrative from which why it would take 5+ years to report a rape. (I had Donald Trump and the two women coming out of the wood after answerson cooper all but begged for someone to pop up.) come to mind.. doesn't have to be true, all we need is just the accusation, and a man's life can be ruined.

Your's is another possible narrative i did not say you were lying. However I did say that with the RIGHT support you would not have failed to report.

I was simply stating a fact. That not every woman who claims to be raped has been.

Quote:It is far more likely that alleged 'victim' seeks or see to further benefit from said can drilling by changing their consent status. After all how can one prove consent? Now how can one prove consent after such a long time? oh, that's right they don't say anything for more than 5 years.
Quote:bolding mine.
But did you see what you had to do to shift the contextual narrative I indented to support your claim of victim blaming? does it not bother you that you have to bend the truth to be right here? If this is the case, and your willing to play so fast and loose with the truth, then one has to wonder what other facts you'd be willing to change just to win the pity vote all over again...

If I truly was victim blaming then why could you quote everything I said? or did it change your message too much?

Quote:...when some people rightfully obtain victim hood they seek to go no further. If you find a person like this, then the best thing is to pay them their due and move on to try and help someone who wants it.

Quote:Who the fuck are you to say that a victim doesn't want help? Asshole.
The fact that they perpetually sees themselves as a victim. Even after decades.

And this gem... because you totally took what I said entirely out of context, shifted things to BLAME me for not speaking up. Never mind that I said why I didn't report it in the first place. Threats, fear and intimidation mean nothing to you. Nope. You just continued to lay blame squarely on MY shoulders because you are dripshit.

nym Wrote:
Quote:You by your own word don't seek justice for yourself or anyone else

Oh look... here's another. What's this make? # three?
wow going for broke huh? what happens when i just reframe what I carfully said?
Drich post 37 Wrote:while the later is true (the moster bit) I am well aware of abuse and how it can be used to control people. I also know how to work myself from it. allowing someone to pity themselves and wallow in their 'instance' of it, creates victims. If a 'victim' ever wants control of their life back, they must learn to focus and channel themselves into being something other than a victim.. Anger can work for a while but ultimately leads back down to the path of victim hood once one burns themselves out.

If anyone wants to reclaim themselves then they need to learn to identify themselves apart from what happened. This starts by what I did by asking questions concerning this a-hole's other victims and how her in actions could have realistically gotten some other girl raped. This takes the sigma off the victim and obliges them to act... But if the goal here is to be a victim, and to self center and shut down, then this effort will be met by resistance...

Unfortunatly the popular culture prizes it's victims, and when some people rightfully obtain victim hood they seek to go no further. If you find a person like this, then the best thing is to pay them their due and move on to try and help someone who wants it.
what you left out of post 39 Wrote:Seriously??

You by your own word don't seek justice for yourself or anyone else, yet I'm the bad guy for pointing out the truth?

See this is the difference between he said and she said when there is an actual paper trail. You are reading through the eyes of burning anger and emotion. and I am carfully selecting and think on my words to convey a very specific point.

Yet when you recompile them you only see what you want to see. Victim blaming so you can rightfully focus your anger on me, and have your friends come to the rescue. Now imagine 5 years go by and there is no paper trail about what is said, and you accuse me of victim blaming then... Guilt or innocence at that point is moot, because nothing beside the fact we had a conversation may be established.

The truth, I never blamed you for anything. If you were raped it was not your fault if you say it wasn't. I am not here to judge that, and if you can bring yourself to read any of this with a clear mind you will see that to be true.
I am just pointing out what should be obvious. the only difference between sex and rape is a state of mind. So then how can an innocent man prove a state of mind in another person who now claims the opposite.

Again Time is our only measure.

It is far from perfect, but it is our only measure.

Quote:If you want to be a victim the rest of your life then simply continue down the path your on. Seek consul only from those who pity you and offer condolences. Don't ever seek to move past what happen only seek to forget it till someone mentions the word rape in a way you don't want to hear it and then force yourself to relive it.

Quote:I didn't say I wanted to be a victim for the rest of my life. I had already stated that I had put it behind me.
You claiming to have to 'take time' says otherwise.
Quote:Furthermore, you don't know what I have done in my life to try and move past it. So don't you dare make assumptions on something you don't know.
I am free to put together a window into your life as you are mine with what we share with each other. That is the whole friggen point of this form of communication. If you don't want that to happen then don't put your personal crap in a public forum. You can't have it both ways cry baby. you can't share an intimate detail mandate how we are supposed to process it and remain an enigma all at the same time. Like it or not when ever we write something it gives everyone else who cares to read a nother bit of info to complete a personal profile. We all do it... just look at the crap the old timers said about me.

Here try this:
Look at your personal profile for nymphoria as a close facsimile of yourself. Share honestly, but don't put it all out there. Only put out what you can comfortably share. If you can not share you rape story without going to pieces THEN DONT SHARE THAT STORY!!! Don't expect everyone to play by the pity rules you want them to play by.. There are those of us who have indeed been through what you have and far worse and found their way out of it and dare even some may say are better/more able to handle life and help others handle life because of it.

Quote:YOUR words and your blatant ignorance triggered me.
No what triggered you was my slight to your pride as a victim. I don't speak out of ignorance me being able to walk that line and have you trip yourself up on it by misquoting me should be proof of that.
Quote:Your insensitivity to a traumatic event got that fucking ball rolling.
I have worked with people who have experienced rape and other traumatic events like it, and all B/S aside I wanted to see how you'd react if challenged. There are two different people when it comes to this stuff wallowers and people who are in various stages of recovery.

What you told me was you are entitled to an opinion, and because mine is different I am not, because you wear a badge of victimhood...

Again which is fine I just want you to know when that badge gets too heavy you can join the rest who have recovered. Those in or who have recovered from something like this understand that each road to recovery is different, and to say one road is less viable that another either means that person is a victim for life or worse is just someone trying to win an argument.

Quote: Asshole. And judging by the subsequent nature of this post, you continue to do so, not having a single clue as to how I handled my own shit at the time it happened. Yep. I shared a part of my past because YOU decided to write a post claiming the following:

IF it takes a woman or man waits 5 years to report a rape... it wasn't.
So again, please explain to me the difference between consensual sex and rape in the eyes of new york state law after the 5 year SoL has lapsed??
The truth? there is no difference.

Quote:So yeah, let's trivialize the victim's experience all together by saying it didn't happen simply because they didn't report it within a certain timeframe.
Or again lets seek to empower the supposed victim, by taking the onus of guilt and shame off of them place it on the attacker, and plant a reminder that if this person is willing to do it once they will do it again.

Quote:So I guess if a five year old child is raped by their uncle, but they are threatened with death by that uncle, if they so much as tell their parents...
You should have you children taken away if you can not tell the difference between a 5 year old before uncle mc rappie gets a hold of a child and after.

Quote:it's not rape because they were too scared of dying, to fucking report it? AT FIVE YEARS OF AGE?
Unless the kid is a genuis or had some traumatic death experience, death is not a tenable concept, but being raped is, if the child has been raped already. Being ripped apart by a man and can't use the bathroom with out bleeding and pain of infection and so on is far more understandable than "floating upside down in a gold fish bowl." So my vote is kid pees himself and starts crying when ever in close proxcimity to uncle mc rappie. EVEN IF THEY DONT SAY A WORD.

Quote:Or maybe a seven year old girl is repeatedly raped by her dad, but dad threatens that if she tells, he will do the same thing to her younger sister. So she doesn't say anything because she wants to protect her sister? No...
Then that girl is a retard too if she think daddy will stop with her. At some point the older sister will get too old and the younger ones will be the right age... then daddy dearest will start to have those long stares and everything else the older sister endured because it is a game to them... If Oldersister saw this 'courtship' phase starting with the younger sister then her whole 'taking one for the team' means nothing... Then it becomes consensual. You can't say I will do "X" if you only do "X" but then the deal changes and the other person is doing now "Y" and your still doing "X" is because on some level you want to be there.

Quote:according to YOU those incidents aren't rape because the goddammed five year old and seven year old children didn't report it.
Did it only happen once? and do you know rape and pedophilia is not the same thing? In most states their is no limitations on bring a child rapist to justice.

Quote:You'd probably want to blame them both for not having the common sense to know that they would be safe even if they did report it, so shame on them for not thinking like an adult, right?
I say the older one of the two should have grown up and said something at some point between now and then.

Quote:What if you just found out that one of your daughters was raped several years ago, but she didn't report it out of fear? What if it was past the SOL for your state?
Remember above where i said you need to compartmentalize you and your avatar/screen name can live nearly identical lives but one does not have to include everything the other does? Drich has no kids as far as any of you are aware.
That is where i draw the line. There is only an assumption one way or the other. That said. I can not imagine living the life I lived that i would not know if something like that were to go down and I would just be oblivious to it. But lets say it did.. either way I'd take care of it.

Quote: Based on YOUR reasoning and shit opinion, would you be so ignorant to tell her "Oh honey, you didn't report it within the SOL for our state, so, I'm sorry, but the trauma you think you went through, didn't really happen.
either way I'd take care of it.

Quote:Sorry for your loss. Just get over it and move on. Daddy loves you."  Yeah. I can actually envision you saying that. To your own child.
again, I'd take care of it. the laws concerning pediphilia are different than the laws concerning rape.

Quote:This is NO different with adults who have been threatened, coerced, intimidated or have had any other means of "keeping them quiet" done to them. If the adult is genuinely in fear for what may happen, they aren't going to report it. At the least, they are going to have a very difficult time wrestling with the knowledge that they should report it, but what if they do and the threats turn out to be promises that ARE followed through with? You don't fucking get it. You'll never fucking get it.
What you don't get, is your way of doing things (while maybe how you get out of bed in the morning) is not the only way of doing things.

Quote:Look you motherfucking piece of shit. I don't care who the hell you are. You get NO free pass to make a determination that a rape didn't happen just because it wasn't reported. Get the fuck over yourself and quit being such an arrogant, worthless, piece of fucking shit.

Go play in heavy traffic. Moron.
because your experience entitles you to say so???

Again, you are either a perpetual victim or someone who self righteously has put on a banner.

If you want to be a victim:
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry someone has betrayed you this way, I'm sorry that you did not get to live that childhood most of us get to live. I deep regret any pain I caused. I did not mean to upset your grieving process. You can take as much time as you need mourning your loss. I can only imagine how much hurt and destruction I have cause to your world view, and i donot seek to cause you any more harm.

That said if your looking step into a form of recovery that does not have you look to this event to define who you are or even your position on this subject, I can honestly help. Worked with kids of abuse in Big brother program (again I was one) and haved help adults cope with things that happened to them as children as well..

I don't normally push so hard up front, but at the same time you do not have to exactly look me in the eye when coming up with details... the only real way to separate the wheat from the chaff is for them both the be threshed and winnowed. (look it up before you assume anything)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by Drich - October 13, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1375 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16720 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 511 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1526 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1174 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1684 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 662 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1684 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1009 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25730 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13