Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 3:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 17, 2016 at 11:39 am)Kingpin Wrote: As far as your "tough love" diatribe back there, I'm not opposed to tough love as it has its time and place but you seem to quickly forget the times Jesus humbles himself as a servant to others and shows true compassion.  How about the woman in adultery that Jesus did not condemn while the priests were ready to stone her?  Did he use tough love there?  
Again... Christ's tough love is always contingent on the status of one's heart. (As I pointed out several times which you seem to omit from your rebuke/not understand.) Your question should be why did Jesus reject the rich young ruler who wanted to fund Jesus' ministry, Or why Jesus call the most 'holy/religious' men of his day fools, serpents and blind guides, or why he usurped the authority of the temple priests and whip the money changers out of the temple, and then... show compassion to a sinner?

In all those instances the hearts of those in authority were corrupt. The young ruler loved his money more than God, The Religious leaders ceased worshiping God, and worshiped the rules of God. What pushed Jesus to act with the whip, was the fact that these money changers were actually turning people away from what God wanted for the sake of profit.

All three instances have Christ worked completely opposite of how the people he interacted with station in life demanded they be treated. In all three instances he went counter culture to demand that these men submit to the will of God. He did not try and sell them, or con his way with a false narrative or even sugar coat the message he had. He simply told it as it was and let the chips fall where they may.

So then why was He merciful to the adulterous woman? because she submitted and repented of her sin. (otheriwse she would have been kicking and screaming at the prospect of being stoned.)

So again Christ was brutal and unyielding not a respecter of title or social protocol when it came to delivering a message to people that may not have liked what he had to say. AT THE SAME TIME He showed endless mercy and boundless grace who did indeed repent.

Which again is why I don't make any apologies here. My message is not any different concerning the efficacy of rape or the fact it should be reported. I simply take a different stance on how to help an alleged victim. I know pity to be counter productive even though it gives well meaning people something to say and do besides feel awkward. Not that there is never a time for pity, I just think if someone still needs it after a decade or so then that is a sure sign that they have not truly dealt with the problem. Then the individual needs to be informed of that and given the opportunity remain in their current state or offered help. There is no right answer to whatever they choose, it is what ever is best for them. That said i believe the objection is the forced reckoning I am suggesting.. which to a culture of victims, seems cold and callous...

But here's the thing... What makes your option more humane if you will not allow any other options?

Quote:How about the apostle Paul in 1 Cor 9:22: "I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I may save some".  He's saying that he adapts to all people to relate to them on levels they understand.  We cannot be one-dimensional in our approach to discussions as what may help some will not help all.  We need to assess, adapt and respond accordingly.  Be humble, loving and raise others up and not admonish them.  We are all the same and all deserving of the same respect, regardless of our background, ethnicity, beliefs, etc.
Dodgy
Do you seriously want to through verse fragments at me???

Let pretent that you know that despite "when in Rome do as the Romans do" Paul is communicating here starting at verse 19 He never once allows "doing what the romans do" compromise his faith or what he believes.

Then let pretend you understand that me having to go through the recovery cycle myself see 'pity' as a cancer that allows one to pretend, suppress and ignore a rape. To the point it pushes past the SOL. which means that the forced sex one is made to endure is NO different Legally speaking, than consensual sex.

Let's pretend you know all of this even though this paragraph says you did not factor those things in when you post your post. That leaves us with:
Quote: We cannot be one-dimensional in our approach to discussions as what may help some will not help all. We need to assess, adapt and respond accordingly. Be humble, loving and raise others up and not admonish them. We are all the same and all deserving of the same respect, regardless of our background, ethnicity, beliefs, etc.

Now.. If you believe we are not all one dimensional, and need different view points... Then show me where anyone else posted anything close to what I posted.

Show me someone who posted anything besides (Cant think of the other word that you all use I say pity...)empathy, compassion... uh, sorrow ect... What you are wanting me to do (what everyone does) IS THAT ONE DIMENSIONAL B-S You are preaching to me about!!!

What I bring is something different.. Why???
We cannot be one-dimensional in our approach to discussions as what may help some will not help all. We need to assess, adapt and respond accordingly. Be humble, loving and raise others up and not admonish them. We are all the same and all deserving of the same respect, regardless of our background, ethnicity, beliefs, etc...

In short not everyone WANTS PITY!!! Some people May be ready for change, but can't because all people know do if offer pity...

Which is all you can stand for me to do apparently, because it does not match up with your religious ideas..

Here's a question.. what if God does not judge us all be your specific religious standard? What if God judges you and your life's work with what he gave you, and then judged me on a different standard because of what he has given me was different than what he gave you?

So then why should my efforts then resemble your own?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by Drich - October 17, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1375 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16723 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 511 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1526 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1174 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1684 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 663 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1684 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1009 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25730 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13