Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 17, 2016 at 12:47 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(October 17, 2016 at 12:38 pm)Drich Wrote: ....Truly I do not understand the statement.. What do you have to be sorry for?

To me this is disingenuous.. You can't be sorry and mean it as you had nothing to do with the circumstances.(you just found out about it) You cant apologize for society or the community as you are not in a position to speak for it...

To me this is pity.

You simply feel bad this happened and feel a need to say something..

If this is the case, and you are unsure of the time line then isn't it possible that your offer of pity could do more harm than good?

Or is this just an empty gesture.. Kind like passing a co worker in the hall and asking 'how you doing?' but do not care in any way shape or form how one is doing.. it's just what you say...

Could it be that because you (apparently) lack compassion, you just can't recognize it in other people?
No, this is not an inability to identify compassion as "compassion" was option "b". I see what you label compassion and further identified with pity. which was the reason for the post. i want to know what makes what i see as pity being labeled as compassion.

If their isn't a difference, then I have explained why I feel compassion so long after the attack can be counter productive.

Again everything in it's place. There is a time for pity and compassion but to decades after the fact UNLESS The individual intended on being a perpetual victim.

What I've said several times now is I have indeed made allowances for someone who intends to be a victim all their life. However the focus of my efforts is to make that person aware that they do NOT have to subscriber to perpetual victim hood even though all polite society is willing to offer is misplaced pity.

Again simply providing an alternative. So when someone like CL provides a contrasting example It makes me wonder why she would offer "pity" so long after the attack or if she saw compassion in a different way.

Quote:Also, word salad. Could you possibly organize your points in your head and be more conservative with them? I feel like your posts are rambling stream of consciousness diatribes that include everything from your own delusions of being a Jesus figure to some nonsense about a timeline having bearing on whether "pity" is genuine compassion or not. It's really hard to follow whenever it's not impossible. Perhaps a free course on essay writing or logic would be helpful.
This is an unfair assessment.

You are looking at a compilation of answers I have been giving out to 10 or 15 different people over the span of a week that have brought up to 10 different points each. I am even taking heat from fellow believers challenging me to be more Christ like. To which i responded with several examples of Christ confrontational behavior.

I answer each post based on the questions ask. If collectively my posts seem redundant or all over the place it is because I personally answer each person's objection or query individually. I have little control on the answers provided as they are given out in accordance to what has been asked or brought up.

IDK if you ever been/Always are on defense or have 1/2 a dozen to a full 12 people grill you from as many different angles on a given subject, but it is nearly impossible to provide a singular stream of coherent thought that ties together everyone questions/arguments. (especially when people are continually fading in and out of the toopic) IF My efforts seem fragmented because I am not talking to you specifically unless I have quoted you specifically.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by Drich - October 17, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1375 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16723 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 511 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1526 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1174 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1684 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 663 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1684 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1009 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25730 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13