Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 17, 2016 at 5:36 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 17, 2016 at 4:50 pm)Drich Wrote: But here's the thing with that...

The Law and the definition of the terms set by the law, are what determins actionable recourse by society of one who is ACCUSED of Rape or Murder...

In other words it is YOU who is the one playing a semantical game. When you decide to call people not prosecuted of rape for what ever reason rapists... or when you equate a killer with a murderer.

This is very dangerous boarder line insane behavior because it throws the presumed innocents clause (what this country's laws were founded upon) out the window and it assigns guilt where one must prove innocence. For what? the preservation of a victim culture???

No.. That is not right. If we are to remain innocent until proven guilty we must compel each other to know what the law says and operate with in it. Which includes knowing and identify with it's definitions and when society breaks away, to be able to identify with the law and come down on the side of the law.

Otherwise you will have a blurring of the line between justice and vengeance. (rioters) This is a perfect example when the pop culture rewrites morality/the law.

The problem with your rebuttal is that we were never discussing the accused when all this nastiness went down, were we?  We were talking about the trauma, and how victims process it.

That trauma is what you objected to so crudely.  I honestly don't believe that you were talking about legal implications for the accused at all, otherwise you wouldn't have alluded to alleged victims having ulterior motives for reporting rapes late after the fact.  You were asserting the motivations of victims.  

I think you know it was a nasty thing to say, even for you, and now you're trying to wiggle out of your implications with legal definitions and semantics.  Of course...this is nothing more than my opinion based on how I've interpreted your posts.

Look at it this way:  If someone steals my car and I don't report it, then perhaps you can argue that that the "crime of car theft" never technically, legally occurred.  But, someone STILL stole my car. I still suffer the consequences of my car having been stolen.

If a man breaks into a woman's house and forcibly, vaginally penetrates her...then...he forcibly, vaginally penetrated her.  It is an intimate, violent action against another human being, and that human being is going to suffer the psychological/emotional consequences of such an assault, regardless of whether or not it is legally recognized as a "crime of rape" in the eyes of the law.  You jerking-off in response to that trauma is the issue here.

But again, in order for actionable response to any alleged crime, one must report it.

If you don't then as I said it is like it never happened.

My Emoji was meant to illecite a negative response. Why? because if you took any or all of those excuses to any cop 5 years after the fact, I'm sure you'd get a Catholic Lady's response to your report, but in the end what the emoji is doing is all your going to get in the way of 'justice.'

Now ask yourself what is better if you are 4 years and 360 days in from being raped yourself... Being mad at me for telling you that your rights/legal recourse you had are about to be flushed in a way that makes you uncomfortable.. Or would it be better if i just took my turn in line to offer you pity so that you could continue being a silent victim and find out 10 years down the line when you finally feel ready to do or say something that my emoji truly represents what can be done for you.

Could I have done it more tactfully?

Yes..

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by Drich - October 18, 2016 at 11:55 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1374 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16710 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 511 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1521 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1174 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1680 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 662 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1684 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1006 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25727 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13