Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 1:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 18, 2016 at 10:34 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 10:22 am)Drich Wrote: but again we are measuring sucess in different ways. I am looking at the journey, and it seems you are looking at obtaining an objective/destination. I don't measure nor look to measure what people think/final conclusion I am just trying to make the needle move.

I understand most people will not change their position unless the crowd they identify with does so. That means most interactions are pointless no matter how you broach the subject. For example how many people have you converted to Catholicism from here or places like this? If your objective is to successfully 'win' every argument then at some point you should be hold a mass baptism somewhere right?

When I came here 4 or 5 years ago the bar was set pretty low. (In terms of the theological debates and arguements) Real bottom of the 'thinker' barrel. 'Can God create a rock so big he can not lift it? What happened to all the fish durning the flood, the epicurean paradox, Long lists of why does a 'good' God______ ect..

Now I approached all of this as a heartless robot, and I got nothing but pure steaming hate for at least a year or two, but a funny thing began to happen... I started to note that all the cliche atheist fare began to disappear, and some really good questions came out, and I feel the primary members of this site are indeed growing past the basic questions other atheist sites center themselves around.

Again, i am playing the long game. i am not concerned with individual subjects and 'winning them' but rather I am trying to help people see things differently, to move past their 'feelings on God and to think a little more like a 'robot' in some instances. Which to me again is the journey and not a specific destination. I am not looking to drag anyone to heaven with me, I am simply trying to get them to drop the self supporting atheist narratives based on stereotypes and religion and look at what is simply and truthfully out there. To think past what their crowd of choice thinks of a given situation.. To ask another question to seek the truth, and not give up when they don't hear what they want to hear.

This particular thread was an attempt to show (those who automatically oppose everything I have to say) that just because I say something your not immediately comfortable with does not mean we can not agree on some of the finer points. which should (if and when I repeat this type of post) should cause some of you to pause before you move to dismiss. This very thing has happened several different times over the course of the thread. Again I did things your perscribed way for a very long time. (5 years at CF.com plus my face to face minstries) but again no change.

Look at my last post to you as an example. When people are trying to be nice, they tell you what you want to hear. I told you what you wanted to hear and breifly considered trying to somehow impliment what you suggested... but given 1/2 an hour I reverted back to my original position, because I knew your way does not work with what I want to do.

Now do not miss read that I am not saying you way can never work.. You are a Barnabas (a encourager) you are a heart to the body of Christ.. But we All Can't be Hearts.. we all can't be a Barnabas we can all approach ministry in the same way you do.

That said i do understand that you do get more flies with honey.

See, CL?  Drich isn't here to "discuss" anything with an open mind.  His mind is already made up:  He is right about everything, and we are wrong about everything.  We, the  sad, mislead flock.  He's here to show us the error of our ways and lead us to God.  It's not a fruitful discussion if one person simply refuses to ever consider a POV beyond their own.

then quantify my last line

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by Drich - October 18, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1375 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16722 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 511 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1526 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1174 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1684 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 663 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1684 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1009 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25730 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13