Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(October 20, 2016 at 10:17 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: You don't own it? You don't collect the donations? You don't pay the bills?

Sure, I "own" it in the sense that my name is tied to the domain and the hosting, donations come to an account I control, and I pay for everything out of that account.

However this forum has always been run by staff as a democracy, with each staff member voting on whether or not rule violations occur. The staff come from the community, they aren't hand picked by me. I get a vote the same as every other staff member. I don't surround myself with "yes" men. I've been outvoted countless times.

This whole "Tib owns the forum and he's basically some secret dictator and he calls all the shots" argument comes up every time someone disagrees with how we do things, and quite honestly I'm tired of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by Tiberius - October 20, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1913 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious