Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 4:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(October 20, 2016 at 10:50 pm)Shell B Wrote: People stick up for him and stand by him because he does the sometimes thankless job of keeping this heap running, not because he's a dictator. He deals with the type of bullshit being slung at him here with barely a whisper of complaint. He spends hours of time cleaning up after people who can't handle being an adult on the Internet. He does this all calmly, kindly and with more consideration than people like Thump deserve. Ex-staff and friends know this, so don't think you'll get far ripping into him around this joint. The only power he has is that people like him and are grateful to him. I'm not sure you'll find people are as willing to defend you against him. Good luck, though.

Sometimes people just go through something that is hard to understand from the outside.  Thump isn't usually angry or rude and he has often given support to those going through their own difficult times.  I realize it is probably harder for you than it is for Tibs to see people criticize him.  But I encourage you to see it as being about Thump and whatever it is he is going through, not Tibs.  Tibs is great and nothing someone else is going through can really touch that.  Tibs will be fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by Whateverist - October 20, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1913 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious