Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 2:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(November 7, 2016 at 3:24 pm)Shell B Wrote: To be fair to Drich, I think everyone hopes something horrible happens to someone every now and then. It's human nature.

Also, while he may be disingenuous (how would I know?), I doubt he's completely a troll, if at all. Try to remember that some of the sentiments he spews are perfectly in line with the bible's teachings, if you take them literally. Moreover, I have met people who almost certainly weren't trolling me who share similar sentiments. When talking about Trump lately, an old Christian fart told me that by the way I talk (meaning swearing is something only men should do), he wouldn't blame men for grabbing my crotch to check that I don't have a dick. This is a guy who lives and dies by the idea that Jesus is life. Anyway, distasteful =/= troll. Even if his wife is a sock, he's not necessarily a troll.

Carry on.
Faints

In general:
It's the difference between getting your moral values from the crowd, and getting them from a static source.

Crowd based values will always change and by definition mine can't.

So obviously they will be different.

Does that mine better than others? it depends on whether or not the static source is valid.

Does that make others better than people like me? It depends on what the crowd feels like doing today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences" - by Drich - November 7, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1913 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious