Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU official's daughter raped and murdered by "refugee"
RE: EU official's daughter raped and murdered by "refugee"
(December 8, 2016 at 2:28 pm)Shell B Wrote: You can't just say anything and then say "Therefore, *the conclusion I really wanted to reach.* That's not logical. That's not how this works. Just because he thinks you're a twat doesn't mean he hopes you stay a twat or isn't trying in his own way to unmake you a twat.

The logic is sound, assuming that he's smart enough to know that "his own way" isn't likely to sway anyone, and I think that's a reasonable assumption. He's not stupid.

Quote:But you expect people to be nice to you just because you don't share the same opinion and they should be trying to change your mind?

If their goal is truly to change my mind, and they're smart enough to know that insulting me will probably prevent the desired change (and most people are that smart), then yes, I would expect such person to be nice. If they're instead insulting, then they either don't understand that insults generally don't win converts (unlikely), or don't really care about changing my mind.

Quote:You're not the kind of person who changes his mind.

I change my mind. For example, in the past year, my mind has changed significantly on wealth inequality (I'm more in favor of taxing the hell out of the wealthy). That didn't come about from people insulting me.

Quote:Even your username is indicative of how you feel about yourself. There's no way you would change your mind. The better way to go about getting what we want? Making sure other people see you for what you are–someone who knows his opinion is less than moral, so tries to claim everyone shares it to make the immoral seem commonplace enough that you're forgiven. You're not. It really isn't as common as you wish.

Caring about my children more than other people's is very common, and as noted, opposing refugees is just an extension of that. And considering this past election, there are a lot of people like me. Calling us deplorables is part of why you lost, but you apparently haven't learned your lesson.

Messages In This Thread
RE: EU official's daughter raped and murdered by "refugee" - by John V - December 8, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official live update of spread of COVID19 ignoramus 2211 193161 February 27, 2023 at 2:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 6899 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 17622 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 510 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 417 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 4149 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 572 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 436 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official WinterHold 10 1496 June 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  It's official!... Weather is controlled by chemtrails. ignoramus 17 2444 September 18, 2017 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer