Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 12:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coincidence and the kindness of strangers
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers
(January 27, 2017 at 3:56 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(January 27, 2017 at 2:23 am)Godschild Wrote: I'm not going to ask why nor do I want to know, what I do know (from experience) is that's not a good thing. Very glad to hear he is doing well, from your post when he wasn't well I know you love him so don't be mad to long.

GC

I think that was an admirable thing you did. As for Christianity, I've seen plenty of generosity come from Christians because they are Christians. I've also witnessed non believers being quite generous.

GC
He's just being a lazy man. When he gets hungry he'll be apologizing. Until then he won't starve.

WTF?

And GC, they didn't do it because they are Christians, they are doing it because they've been taught that being generous and charitable are good moral things to do. You don't get to divorce the slavery, misogyny, etc. of Christianity by painting the illusory image of kindness on there. If you're going to say someone did something because they are a Christian, then you have to explain why they don't do other things if they are. Just sayin'. Love how being a skeptic doesn't come with all that guilt baggage and need for apologetics.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

Messages In This Thread
Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by BrokenQuill92 - January 25, 2017 at 4:58 pm
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by abaris - January 25, 2017 at 5:03 pm
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by brewer - January 25, 2017 at 9:29 pm
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by J a c k - January 25, 2017 at 9:39 pm
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by Godschild - January 27, 2017 at 1:40 am
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by Godschild - January 27, 2017 at 2:23 am
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by Astonished - January 27, 2017 at 12:06 pm
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by Godschild - January 28, 2017 at 12:18 am
RE: Coincidence and the kindness of strangers - by Godschild - January 28, 2017 at 3:57 am