Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 12:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Study: atheists are less open-minded than theists
RE: New Study: atheists are less open-minded than theists
(July 15, 2017 at 1:05 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(July 15, 2017 at 12:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: You did a lousy job of putting it this way in your prior posts.

Yes, atheists are diverse. Just like theists are diverse. 

If you think Republicans are ever going to give one fuck about unions after Reagan busted the air traffic control unions and have been union busting ever since, you are a fool. 

What is it about "conservatives" you identify with?

"Give billionaires tax breaks they don't need"?
" Deregulation since Reagan that has cause a bubble every decade since ending with Bush's triple whammy?"
" Xenophobia of LGBT, Hispanics, Muslims and control of women's bodies"?

You can call yourself a "Conservative democrat" if you wish, but if you stupidly think the things Reagan started and that the bigotry held by the far right is good for America, sorry, that will never be my idea of progress.

Conservatives DONT "conserve" they value selfishness greed and  "fuck you I got mine".

You claim to value unions but are willing to vote for a party that has destroyed worker bargaining power for 40 years? Yep, just as insane as Caitlynn Jenner being transgender and voting for a party that hates her. The insanity is that the GOP  has successfully gotten their supporters to vote against their own self interests.

Go back and read my post again. I don't identify as a conservative democrat. Democrats only give lip service to the unions for votes. They haven't done jack shit. Otherwise there would be more legislation to help workers get organized a lot easier in the work place. David Coat, former CEO of left leaning Honeywell, and an ally and advisor to Barack Obama, is an ardent opposer of unions and was in the process breaking unions at two of their other facilities. If democrats were so much for the working people then we would have more than just two states with, "for just cause protection" laws. Democrats are all bluster and bullshit.

Then what the fuck do you identify yourself with?

Secondly, I agree democrats have not done anything, not because of the party, but because of 36 years of GOP gerrymandering. Hard to get shit done when you are held hostage by the other party. 

No, just the opposite the GOP are bluster and bullshit. If they had the right formula in that 36 year period nobody would be bitching.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Study: atheists are less open-minded than theists - by Brian37 - July 15, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says WinterHold 262 18629 March 28, 2023 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Less than half of England and Wales population Christian, Census 2021 shows Duty 28 1743 December 3, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] Far right seizing COVID-19 ‘opportunity’ to expand: Study WinterHold 8 568 November 23, 2020 at 4:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 6363 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Less Cops = ? onlinebiker 86 3557 September 11, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs EgoDeath 8 818 November 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  My Plan To Re-open The US Government BrianSoddingBoru4 25 1862 January 25, 2019 at 12:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Italy crime: Gang rips open security van with diggers near Bari Duty 7 735 January 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Duty
  And in Texas no less..... Brian37 7 967 November 11, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump: The Floodgates Are Open! chimp3 10 942 May 24, 2018 at 12:01 am
Last Post: chimp3