Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 5:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia church abuse: Priests 'must report' confessions
RE: Australia church abuse: Priests 'must report' confessions
(August 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm)Drich Wrote: Are you so foolish to think that only priest commit crimes and confess to other priests? I know you've probably baked most of your brain cells but if you think real hard you might see a broader application that could have very deep and long reaching implications for everyone of that religion.

Tough sh*t. They're free to change their religion any time they like. There are - like - thousands of them to choose from.

(August 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm)Drich Wrote: If Government can undermine a sacrament or interfere with how religion works then you've just given up a core right to believe what you want. [...]

You can believe whatever the f*ck you want. But there's no such thing as "a core right to do whatever you want, as long as you say god told you it's ok".

If your religion works by breaking secular law - you're going to have to suck it up and adapt. Just like christians had to at some point "give up their core right" to forcibly baptize entire nations, or to publicly murder dissidents, heretics, homosexuals and "witches", or to castrate boys in order for the church choirs to have a fuller sound, without involving anyone with a vagina. Society moves on and dumb, superstitious c*nts are going to have to be dragged into the 21st century eventually. You'll get over it...

(August 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm)Drich Wrote: So then what happens when soceity swings and these laws are implace and your morality is now what is on the chopping block?

If I find, that my morality is sheltering child-rapists - I'll do the chopping myself. You see - I'm not a slave to some invisible wizard, who'd require me to live my life by the standards of bronze age goat-herders.

Look, numb-nuts - if doctors in most modern countries are required to report child abuse, along with many other crimes, despite doctor-patient confidentiality, then so can the f*cking priests.

(August 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm)Drich Wrote: Not everyone in the church is a pedophile,

Possibly, but most churches have a vested interest in - and a documented history of - covering up sex-crimes committed by their clergy, on the account of protecting "good name" of the religious institution being more of a priority, than protecting kids a**es from getting raped... And all of that is funded and tolerated by the gullible morons, for whom a fantasy of ever-lasting life is more important than safety of their children, or justice.

(August 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm)Drich Wrote: and if you remember a little while back pope what's his face defrock like 400 priests world wide, which is all but painting a scarlet A on their faces for society to seek their vengeance... [...]

That's why they should be in prison. I don't give a f*ck if the pope stripped them naked and gave them a spanking - if they committed a crime, they should have been turned over to the police and the justice system, along with whatever evidence the church has against them.

But I guess dumb c*nts think their sky-cake salesmen should be exempt from the law.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australia church abuse: Priests 'must report' confessions - by Homeless Nutter - August 16, 2017 at 5:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 262 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Chief Priests and Roman Authorities Ferrocyanide 19 1443 February 28, 2022 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1303 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1153 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2629 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1299 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3563 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 946 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2225 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3873 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU