Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 10:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ressurection of jesus.
Ressurection of jesus.
Hey guys its me again, the unsure atheist. Ive been a christian my whole life and so im still struggling to see the faults in the arguments i held true. Anyway ive been reading timothy kellers's a reaaon for god. In it he makes a pretty good for jesus rising from the dead.

Mainly he says that skeptics have to answer these questions to prove jesus didnt rise from the dead. Why did christianity emerge so rapidly, with such power? No other band of messianic followers in that era claimed a leader rose from the dead-why did this group do so? Jews never worshipped one man as god why did they start now? Jews did not believe in divine men or resurrections, what changed their worldview overnight? How do u account dor hundred of eyewitness who saw jesus, lived for decades and gave their lives for that belief?

His main point is that skeptics must answer this without simply saying it didnt happen. I go to a christian school and this is the book we have to read for apologetics (which i have to take) so they are gonna hammer with these questions since ive started speaken outwardly about my doubts wih religon. Sorry for the long post just wanted to tbe responses of people one here. Really try to answer the questions tho dont just dismiss them. Thanks all
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.

Messages In This Thread
Ressurection of jesus. - by searchingforanswers - August 5, 2011 at 12:30 pm
RE: Ressurection of jesus. - by thesummerqueen - August 5, 2011 at 1:08 pm
RE: Ressurection of jesus. - by Skeptic - August 5, 2011 at 1:24 pm
RE: Ressurection of jesus. - by Minimalist - August 5, 2011 at 1:28 pm
RE: Ressurection of jesus. - by searchingforanswers - August 5, 2011 at 1:35 pm
RE: Ressurection of jesus. - by Minimalist - August 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm
RE: Ressurection of jesus. - by searchingforanswers - August 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7354 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7455 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist