Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump administration announces conscience and religious freedom HHS Division
RE: Trump administration announces conscience and religious freedom HHS Division
(January 19, 2018 at 9:57 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
Quote:seems like a lot of hype without much specifics.

That's a running theme with this administration.  If this new office/law will change nothing, then why propose it and waste all of our money on it?  Where are doctors being forced to perform procedures they disapprove of?  That's not happening.  Nobody is forcing a Christian oncologist to go perform an abortion or a staunch orthodox jewish dermatologist to be party to a sex-change operation.  

It's probably the most blatantly pandering thing this administration has done, and that's fuckin' saying something.
Still not seeing what is bad.....
You say it does not do anything... others are saying that it discriminates against people, and that a doctor can turn away a patient because they don't like their group.  All I'm asking is what does it actually say.
If it is putting into a law what you say, then why is that bad?  In kinda seems like people just want to complain, even when they have nothing to complain about.

(January 19, 2018 at 10:02 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(January 19, 2018 at 9:53 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Why get all worked up over it, if your not really sure what the law is proposing?

Frankly, I would be surprised if it allows discrimination based on the person, and it seems like a lot of hype without much specifics.

Then why make the law and an enforcement branch at all? 

Fear of religious persecution over rides fear of discrimination.

I don't see any harm, in making a law, for something even if most adhere to it anyway.   
An enforcement branch may require some justification if there is not really a need for it.

However my question is still what are you getting all upset about, and why should I be?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump administration announces conscience and religious freedom HHS Division - by RoadRunner79 - January 19, 2018 at 10:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1109 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1133 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pelosi announces impeachment investigation. onlinebiker 41 5414 October 7, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Figbash
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 15288 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37116 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1670 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Taxes, freedom of information act... Brian37 21 2098 February 4, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Tom Price, HHS Secretary resigns vorlon13 13 1018 September 30, 2017 at 6:44 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump Administration quietly rolling back civil rights efforts Foxaèr 4 1481 June 17, 2017 at 12:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Model For The WLB's Administration? Minimalist 0 513 March 29, 2017 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist