Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 12:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves
RE: SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves
(April 7, 2018 at 12:11 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(April 7, 2018 at 8:44 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: I’m sure we’re going to disagree on the details, but yeah, I think at a certain point in gestation it becomes immoral to abort.  I’m not sure where that line should be drawn, but I think it’s a discussion definitely worth having.  I believe it is morally wrong, for example, for a woman to walk into a clinic at 20 weeks pregnant and ask for an abortion simply because she doesn’t want the baby. Now, I know that most late term abortions aren’t for that reason, and we should make exceptions for instances  where the fetus is no longer viable or the mother’s life is in immediate danger, but I would support 20 week bans that fall outside of those circumstances.  At 20 weeks we are no longer talking about a microscopic ball of undifferentiated cells.  We are talking about a living creature with a developing central nervous system that can hear, taste, feel anxiety and comfort, and possibly (I know it’s disputed) feel pain.  Just because a living thing isn’t fully conscious doesn’t mean it’s always morally right to end its life.  I think most of us would say it’s immoral to euthanize, say, a pet hamster just because you didn’t want it anymore and it became an inconvenience.  Why should anyone be allowed to treat a human baby that way?

Yes, we disagree on the details, but in essence we're each willing to judge what a woman does with her uterus. As an atheist who wants to fit in here, you don't say Sorry Tres, but if you're 20 weeks along I have an opinion on what you should and shouldn't do with your uterus - but that apparently is the case.

I don’t think it’s about judgement.  I think it’s about being willing to discuss a complex moral dilemma. There are no easy answers, IMO.  It’s the people who pretend there are who I think are on the wrong side.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves - by LadyForCamus - April 7, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another SCOTUS ruling that is also very scary. Brian37 19 1642 June 27, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  If Abortion Becomes Illegal onlinebiker 36 2868 May 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Thumbs Up Must see SCOTUS cases. onlinebiker 24 1276 October 12, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 3023 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1343 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The a holes did it, they seated Amy as SCOTUS Brian37 20 1105 October 27, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1390 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Anti-viral clothing on the rise Foxaèr 1 248 August 20, 2020 at 7:53 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Split decision by SCOTUS on Bunkerboy's taxes. Brian37 15 757 July 10, 2020 at 5:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1222 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah