Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
RE: My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
(May 8, 2018 at 12:11 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 8, 2018 at 12:08 am)Quick Wrote: We all believe things whether we know them to be true or not. I think my beliefs have merit because they give me happiness. You can shit on that if you want, but it makes you a bad person for doing so.

Heroin makes a junky happy, too.  : shrugs :

What happens, do you think..if one day you're parsing the beliefs you;ve described to us and you find that you just can;t believe them anymore? Does your purpose and happiness go poof? Do you struggle? Maybe that;s something you ought to ask the former believers around here?

-Something something something, like the foolish man..who built his house on sand.

I think if I were to not believe in a God, for me, since I know myself, that my purpose would be lost. I am not in the minds of others so I cannot say the same for them.

I have no idea why you are quoting the bible to me.

(May 8, 2018 at 12:48 am)Astreja Wrote:
(May 7, 2018 at 6:12 pm)Quick Wrote: Again, I would say this is believing in an antithesis.

From my perspective it was never a decision to disbelieve.  I just found religious ideas unconvincing.

As do I.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Messages In This Thread
RE: My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short) - by Quick - May 8, 2018 at 12:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jews view of Jesus themonkeyman 12 4930 December 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: theyear12013
  Jodo Shinshu view on faith TheViolentFemme 11 4439 June 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: John V