Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 9:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread
RE: Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread
(May 7, 2018 at 3:41 pm)Joods Wrote:
(May 7, 2018 at 3:05 pm)Drich Wrote: I'm not the one that called your kids retards you did.

Bullshit.

Quote:Maybe your kids were retards, but mine were constantly challenging the stories in search of the truth, and when they found truth they built their lives around it. Maybe the bible should say if you children are retarded and believe everything this does not apply to them... but to the other 99% who seek out the truth and live by it.
bold mine.

Quote:I asked if they were retarded because of how you resented their basic cognitive skill set in recognizing truth. Because my children did not have any problem identifying truth.

No. You did not ask me if they were. Look at your own words above. Where's the question in that? Oh. It's not there. Quit being dishonest. 

Quote:honestly take 2 mins and read this: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=ERV start at verse 12..

What this says is we are not all built the same. You are a hand and demand to be greeted as a hand, not only that you worshiped as a hand and only know how to praise as a hand. I came to you as a foot and greeted you as a foot. being 'snow flake' hand you thought it offensive to be greeted as a foot.

do you understand? You wanted me to greet you as you though a Christian should greet and address you.

No. I'd like for you to give out the respect that you demand of everyone else. Act like your Christian faith depends on it because the way you act and the way you treat others is not representative of a loving god. 

Quote:The problem, your idea of Christianity is not only wrong... it is toxic. to build a belief system on a god on a faith where everyone must conform to the degree that they can be manipulated by people outside of their beliefs is wrong... and I simply called you on that wrong not by connecting all the dots for you, but to use the same angry despondent tactic Christ used when confronted or when someone tried to manipulated him. And guess what you acted just like the Pharisees did.

You aren't god so stop trying to play the part. 

Quote:Why one to get your goat for trying to get mine

I wasn't trying to get your goat. I was responding to your post. 

Quote:Two to show you that you definition of who and what a follower of Christ is is so wrong you did not even know we were allowed/demonstrated by Christ Himself to be able to verbally beat you back/rebuke you. 

You were rebuked that's it. I never once told anyone they should live any such way. again that is your idea of what Christianity, and you have superposed it onto me. 

I am forever telling people they are free from the law, not that you should live xyz to be a good person. That good person is the devil's stick. With God you do not have to be a 'good person.' In fact God loves you because you know you are not nor ever will be a good person, so how then would I tell anyone how to live?

Again that is just a broad brush people with "slow" kids sometimes use to dismiss what someone has to say with out taking the time of reading or understanding what was said.

Nope. You didn't rebuke me. I don't take kindly to people insulting my children, whom you know nothing about. You want to take that shit out on me, fine. But you leave my kids out of this.

MAYBE look up that word for me.

Maybe mean perhaps, it is possible...

If I said maybe your kids are retarded, I simply open the possibility that they are simply because you point out their in ablity to discern truth or a general lack or desire to engage in curiosity in finding truth.

Does the mean I called your kids retarded? no

Again I was diagnosed as "retarded" (which was a clinical defination up until maybe 4 years ago) it simply means a child's learning curve is behind other children the same age. it is the opposite of the term they used for 'advanced learning.' 

So when I say maybe your kids are retarded I mean it in a clinical sense if all your children believe with out any question, if your experiences are only based on how your children act. Then I left that determination up to you if your children fit the definition of the word provided.

Now if this is true and they do qualify as learning slower than normal then know it is you who made the determination that your children were retarded and not me. I simply set the parameters to point out if you children behaved in a way consistent with a unprogrammed drone. (which you believe Christians are to act as children do when commanded that we have faith as a child.) then I was redirecting your own observation of gullibility and perhaps retardation back onto your own source material/Your children, rather than change what the scripture said about what was expected in the faith requirement needed.

(May 7, 2018 at 5:37 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(May 7, 2018 at 5:26 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I think we all know what part of the human body you are, Drich.

How does he not know that this will be the response?  Is he masochistic?

For those who seek truth.. the response is different. for those who seek to one up me, then here is yet another chance to put that 'scientific mind, and superior reasoning ability to work.'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread - by Drich - May 8, 2018 at 11:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19396 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? WinterHold 43 8681 May 27, 2018 at 12:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Up VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate vulcanlogician 43 4600 May 18, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Open challenge regarding the supernatural robvalue 38 6263 May 20, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  "Everything has a cause and an explanation" discussion. Pizza 66 15420 February 22, 2015 at 11:59 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Discussion on debate between Esquilax and His_Majesty. Esquilax 169 31506 November 16, 2014 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Discussion w/ a Theist RE: Premarital Sex StealthySkeptic 110 20092 August 14, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  So, why are we here .. on this forum? Whateverist 69 21323 June 5, 2013 at 10:25 am
Last Post: dazzn
  Do we own our own lives? A discussion on the morality of suicide and voluntary slavery. Kirbmarc 36 14572 December 13, 2012 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: naimless
  Open Debate Challenge: Historical Jesus DeistPaladin 0 1687 May 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin