Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
RE: My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
(May 8, 2018 at 6:34 pm)Quick Wrote: You didn't address what I was responding to or why it matters. This tells me that you are more looking to "prove me wrong" rather than actually get me to talk about my beliefs. I don't think you actually care what my beliefs are and instead all you care about is justifying your own which is why you look to discredit others.
Now what would the point of trying to prove you wrong be?  You;ve already asserted that you can never be proven wrong..and that if you were, it wouldn;t matter to you.

I;m simply pointing out that -within- the fantasy of your beliefs being remotely accurate....there are still some issues with how you describe it.  Things you say that cannot  be simultaneously true.  

Quote:I didn't say I believe something I knew was untrue. Didn't imply it either. Can't even be deduced that I do. I don't actually care that much about the issue of whether there is a God or not, however, if I am going to address what I believe in regards to God, then I am going to say first that I am unsure whether there is a God and next say that if there is a God, it likely is in everything and is all encompassing. Does this really seem like such an incorrect stance to have? If so, why?
You don;t care, but it gives you your life purpose?  These two propositions seem fundamentally at odds.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short) - by The Grand Nudger - May 8, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jews view of Jesus themonkeyman 12 4930 December 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: theyear12013
  Jodo Shinshu view on faith TheViolentFemme 11 4439 June 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: John V