Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In UK atheists considred more moral than theists.
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists.
(September 10, 2018 at 12:59 pm)Drich Wrote:
(September 8, 2018 at 4:34 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Can I add that science reacting to better data over time is a strength and not a weakness.

because you are brain washed...

making amendments= we did not know what the F we were talking about hence the change. but this time everything is truthful/fact.. till you have to change it again and again and again...

So the process of updating our old information to its current, generally better, understood form is a problem for you? Would you prefer to think the earth is flat, or that heliocentrism is a lie then?

Quote:Could you imagine what you would say about a religion that changed it mind about 'god' as much as your scientist change their minds about science?

I’d imagine it’s around the same as what we currently say, given the vast amounts of sects in Christianity alone. Not to mention how churches have generally gotten with the times and how their interpretation of the Word changes to suit those times for the most part. IE gays are okay now in most churchgoers books.

Quote:You would say it take way too much faith to believe the current innervation of your 'god' would be the correct one. or didn't you say that the last innoration of your God was 100% correct? You would loose your minds if our roles were reversed and you were taught to view us that way. and rightfullful so..

There is not TRUTH in something always changing the story.
*emphasis is mine*

You are obviously uncomfortable, if not downright fearful, of not having a complete and solid answer. The *truth* is Drich, that there’s nearly not a damn thing in this world that’s so black and white as to be simply answered once, and that answer being the end all, be all. Sometimes we have to work with what we are currently capable of, and sometimes we have to accept that we may never know the extent of how certain things work.

I’m comfortable with not knowing, and I refuse to delude myself into accepting answers that aspire to being half baked.

Quote:but that's the problem isn't it. you care not for the truth only truthieness.. whatever the lemming infront of you says.. that is all that is important but you do not want a fate any different than the guy next to you.

You ever hear of the term “projecting” mate?
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 12:59 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Bob Kelso - September 10, 2018 at 1:46 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 12:52 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 11:37 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 14, 2018 at 10:59 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 11:47 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 11, 2018 at 11:47 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 575 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2219 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 9190 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Religious people are less intelligent than atheists Bow Before Zeus 186 21580 December 23, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3484 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1289 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Serious moral question for theist. dyresand 30 7580 September 1, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Why is Faith/Belief a Moral Issue? Rhondazvous 120 25966 August 21, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Recap - A moral question for theists dyresand 39 7571 July 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  A moral and ethical question for theists dyresand 131 18415 July 15, 2015 at 7:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus