Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 3:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept
(November 17, 2011 at 10:28 am)dtango Wrote: I regret to have to remind you that Christianity is based on the God of the Hebrew tradition who is no different from the gods of the Greek or the Sumerian tradition.
Based upon but very different to.

(November 17, 2011 at 10:28 am)dtango Wrote: There are gods of the people and gods of the theologians and scholars.
In Christianity the only popular figure is Virgin Mary who does not belong to the divine family.
That is a misguided Islamic myth. Also: Catholicism isn't necessarily Christianity. In some places it goes directly against Xtianity, as happenned in it's history. Not saying all Catholics aren't Xtian.

(November 17, 2011 at 10:28 am)dtango Wrote: In my country (Greece) she is the most loved one and she is also the one with the most temples devoted to her. She took over from goddess Athena.
Yes, paganism from paganism.

(November 17, 2011 at 10:28 am)dtango Wrote: On the other hand, Christianity is already a religion of the past.
Try to have a conversation with a theologian and you will find out that he has already moved on to a God more spiritual, more remote and more obscure, to a god who is not of our universe (I know the term in Greek but not in English).
You aren't addressing my faith, where God is integral and is precisely the same God revealed to Moses, with no omissions whatsoever.

My faith is of current theology. Of a God fully involved in this reality right now. Fully rationalised and independant of your irrational materialism.

(November 17, 2011 at 10:28 am)dtango Wrote: Christianity is based nowhere and belongs to nobody. The Creator God of Christianity is the God of the Old Testament who is a God of Hatred. The son who is the god of love was supposedly a Hebrew but is believed by most Christians (the authors of the gospels included) to have been preaching in Greek.
You say that God is a "God of hatred". Yet your source material is by a people who understood their God to be good and just. You are incredibly delusional.

(November 17, 2011 at 10:28 am)dtango Wrote: If you start analyzing Christianity you will end up very disappointed. There is no official “Love each other”. Not even a single word of Christ (supposing that he existed) was saved because of the enormous blunder of translating his words to the then language of the elite: the Greek.
I see so this is a racist claim by yourself. You are the master race, I see.

In the name of Christianity many Greek treasures were destroyed. Certainly an anti Christ like act.

(November 17, 2011 at 10:43 am)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: MOAR BULLSHIT
Grow a brian Norfolk and go do some reading like you claim to be doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by toro - November 10, 2011 at 10:52 pm
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by toro - November 13, 2011 at 12:34 am
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by fr0d0 - November 13, 2011 at 10:52 am
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by fr0d0 - November 13, 2011 at 11:39 am
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by Blam! - November 13, 2011 at 11:53 am
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by fr0d0 - November 13, 2011 at 12:36 pm
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by fr0d0 - November 13, 2011 at 12:54 pm
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by fr0d0 - November 17, 2011 at 6:04 pm
RE: The meaninglessness of the Christian god concept - by fr0d0 - November 19, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 9154 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Why do atheists claim that the concept of God is so unlikely Yadayadayada 66 8954 January 4, 2017 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  "Gods", a concept too fuzzy to invest belief in .. either way. Whateverist 24 13660 June 26, 2012 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  God as a metaphor/concept warrenmi 4 1559 May 18, 2012 at 3:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Meaningfulness v meaninglessness; theism vs atheism; dqualk 179 52560 March 1, 2011 at 8:50 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko