Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s
RE: California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s
(March 31, 2022 at 12:12 pm)brewer Wrote: Why didn't they include the indigenous native americans? Fuckin racists.

Because they received compensation. The Alaska natives received billions of dollars, 44 million acres of land, free health care and college tuition.

(March 31, 2022 at 12:31 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: I think reparations for direct descendants of slaves should be paid for by direct descendants of slave-owners.  Have fun figuring that out.

Stop it, the slave owners were paid reparations for the loss of their slaves, paid for by people that didn't own slaves, keep that same energy.

Fun fact: Bank of America was founded by a guy who made his fortune in the slave trade.

(March 31, 2022 at 12:55 pm)Aegon Wrote: The issue with reparations is that income inequality and other economic metrics are so bleak, a massive percentage of white people (primarily rural folks who are struggling) will take offense because they will (correctly) point out that no assistance is coming to them. This will ultimately wedge the racial divide more at the expense of what actually is a really good idea (reparations). The solution to this is to have a more progressive economic policy overall. If white people feel they are doing well, it is less likely they will oppose reparations. Obviously you'll still have racist and undereducated folks opposing it, but it would be lessened.

Are these same white people opposing the money that went to Afghan and current Ukrainian refugees?

(March 31, 2022 at 11:45 am)Ranjr Wrote:
(March 31, 2022 at 12:56 am)Huggy Bear Wrote: @Ranjr

I wouldn't say that reparations are "help", reparations is what the U.S. owes for forcing a group of people to build it for free.

I would say that "help" is part of reparations.  Slaves were treated horribly, but not genocidally.  Descendants who need extra help deserve it.  Those who don't need it overcame the mistreatment of their forbearers.  

That's why I don't take advantage of benefits available to me because of my grandmother.  Her people walked the Trail.  But I did alright.

Please, white people got all kinds of handouts, look up the homestead act, where white people were given the equivalent of a million dollars per family in free land, which did not include black people, then white people have the nerve to tell black people to pull themselves up by the bootstraps, when it was those black people that built the wealth of this nation that allowed your grandmother to thrive.

Let me be clear, without those black slaves, America doesn't exist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s - by Huggy Bear - March 31, 2022 at 1:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 1027 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3826 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 3278 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This from the California Tourism Board. Gawdzilla Sama 74 5885 September 21, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2805 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California zebo-the-fat 30 3320 August 1, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 11053 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Church forcing State involvement? onlinebiker 34 2141 April 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  No more executions in California? Jehanne 0 302 March 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  State Of The Nonsense Brian37 49 4621 February 9, 2019 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Yonadav