Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism's Definition - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
RE: Atheism's Definition - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Doesn't matter if the jesus you've imagined loves me Lucent, the jesus you've imagined doesn't deserve my love, nor does the god he represents. I get to decide who gets the fuzzy end of my emotions. Not you, not your silly myth, me. I wish that you would stop insinuating that I should bow to the wishes of an imaginary stalker.

Your religion was garbage before we even knew DNA was, and I don't have to refer to evolution to back this up. Geology, archaeology, anthropology, astronomy, cosmology, physics, comparative mythology, and logic are all enough even without evolution. Case in point, there is no place in any field where evidence for your god can be found, and each field is full of evidence to the contrary. I don't have to give you any evidence for anything at all (as if this evidence hadn't already been given to you in numerous threads, Mr. Ad Naus). Everything we know about the world could be entirely incorrect and that doesn't make your myth true, which is exactly what I mentioned to you in the first place. The reason you don't offer any evidence is because you have none to offer. If you did, you would've done so by now. All you have are claims of conspiracy. Stop making attempts to shift the burden that you have accepted for yourself and make your own case. Good luck with that, sincerely.

Surprise surprise, I'm not a thoughtful person. I'm not so concerned with the moral high ground that I need to invoke it at every opportunity when speaking to you. Maybe if you'd stop advocating for a life denying faith with a foundation in scapegoating and human sacrifice I'd treat you with a little more respect. Perhaps if you weren't spouting off ignorant bullshit with bouts of flat out deceit I wouldn't have occasion to mention that you're an under-educated liar. You can deal with any of the objections presented to you at any point. You're the only one holding yourself back by attempting to avoid them and change the subject to criticism of another's position. Well, I'm on to you, and I call bullshit. Every post I've seen you let fall from your head thusfar is a diatribe masquerading as "reason" or "evidence". You treat these forums and your arguments as an opportunity to preach at people. Well, again, bullshit, and bullshit for getting butthurt when things don't go your way. Bullshit for even implying that anyone has to be "thoughtful" in their responses to you. I can respond to your posts in gibberish and those posts would be exactly as valid as your own arguments. If you want people to take you seriously, then you need to engage people in a discussion seriously. You're a bad apologist, and I don't have any respect for the good ones.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheism's Definition - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - by The Grand Nudger - December 4, 2011 at 10:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27856 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is the right definition of agnostic? Red_Wind 27 6203 November 7, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Definition of "atheism" Pyrrho 23 9040 November 19, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  A practical definition for "God" robvalue 48 16166 September 26, 2015 at 9:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12742 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12280 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Definition of Atheism MindForgedManacle 55 14838 July 7, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Poetry, Philosophy, or Science? Mudhammam 0 1194 March 22, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10611 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  My definition of being an atheist. Vegamo 14 5194 January 21, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: truthBtold