Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 3:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity's Valuable Contributions to Humanity: An Examination of Militant Atheism
RE: Christianity's Valuable Contributions to Humanity: An Examination of Militant Atheism
Lol. So, in other words, you have no names. I didn't ask for an "explanation". I asked for names.

The idea that there were no educated Christians in the West for the last 250 years is a laughable absurdity.

Even today, we know there are many educated Christians in the West. Yes, here and there, atheism or agnosticism has some influence. Yet, it is so even today. Far more, it was true in the 18th Century. You do know Wilberforce was a Christian Evangelist, right?

And do I need to quote Lincoln again: "We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven. We have been preserved, these many years, in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth and power, as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us!

It behooves us then, to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness."

Gee, sounds like quite the "Deist" to me. ROFL. Btw, Deists are Theists, not Atheists. Antony Flew recently gave up Atheism, and became a Deist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christianity's Valuable Contributions to Humanity: An Examination of Militant Atheism - by Nishant Xavier - June 22, 2023 at 4:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long has Humanity been on Planet Earth? MFrancis 58 2243 Yesterday at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  Militant Atheism? Data 274 13181 September 24, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27845 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let us think why humanity developed several religions but only one science? Nishant 10 3012 January 4, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "All Scientists Should Be Militant Atheists" SmootherPebble 66 15903 September 20, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: robvalue
  UK - Christianity declining, Atheism rising, but so is Islam... TheMessiah 45 13471 June 15, 2015 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Quiet Atheist vs Militant Atheist z7z 62 12297 May 18, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: abentwookie
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12729 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  My Thoughts On Militant Atheism Celestine 248 47800 September 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: AtheistBuddha
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12277 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite