Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 1:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
Hey,

Please, how would you prefer me to act? My natural response to rudeness is deep cynicism. I don't want to yell back at you, and I don't want to just pretend you are talking normally.

Your last post was fantastic. It could not have had less substance. Literally could not.

Tell me how you would prefer me to respond when you cross these lines, and I will do so. You're in charge. You're the big man. Shit, I'm doing it again, aren't I?

I don't want to step on toes, but this is a recurring issue. That you guys feel the need to act less than proper with regards to how you write what you write to me. You and I know (heck I do it some) that most of it is written to offend as much as possible, not to convey information, or be realistic. I don't usually respond in kind, I respond with a mixture of said cynicism and a continuation of my argument. But I get a lot of flack for doing that. I only act rudely to people who treat me rudely. I only lie to people who lie to me (and then only if it is truly necessary). So for me to be mocked, or punished for returning the behavior I am shown seems a little one-sided. But feel free. It makes a good point on it's own.

So seriously. Tell me how to conduct myself in your house, and I will try.
Or stop getting upset when I bite back a little. Or treat me like you would want to be treated. That's what Jesus said. Good piece of advice. But, as an exercise in free will, please do whatever you want. Don't mind me.

Thank you,
-Pip

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe? - by Pippy - July 15, 2009 at 7:27 am