Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 1:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating Chocolate for Breakfast Is Good for Your Diet
RE: Eating Chocolate for Breakfast Is Good for Your Diet
Less satiety eating a 300 calorie breakfast than a 600 calorie breakfast with high protein? Shocked. I can only get to the abstract, not the full article but I would like to know more about the composition of the other meals as daily calorie amount was the same between both groups and was a calorie restricted diet (1600 or calories). The chocolate is being given too much credit. Is it the extra carbs, the protein, the larger breakfast? With the two breakfasts drastically different concluding the chocolate is the reason is just sensational journalism. It seems like too many variables were different between the two breakfasts to be able to come to a meaningful conclusion. What happens if the larger breakfast was the same but the sweets were omitted? What if the low carb breakfast contained as many calories or more protein?

I question the study without being able to read the whole thing. The doctor involved has been selling books for years advocating her diet plan and now her own study proves it. I'm a little suspicious.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-b...kfast-diet

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eating Chocolate for Breakfast Is Good for Your Diet - by Bradjalicious - March 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientific arguments for eating Organic/non-GMO food? CapnAwesome 15 4210 June 10, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Paleo-Diet Myth thesummerqueen 38 7632 April 15, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Variations in Hominid Diet Minimalist 2 1091 August 10, 2012 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Minimalist