Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 10:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
RE: Baby born with anencephaly to please jesus?
(May 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Mehmet's posts about nationalistic tripe do not break the rules, so there is no 'clearly present' issue as you put it. If you feel he is being atagonistic, feel free to report him, but people are allowed to spout their political views, even if they are unpopular. Just because the site is called 'Atheist Forums' does not mean that certain topics are off limits.

FYI, mehmet does get warned when he breaks the rules, but it happens behind the scenes. Actually, a lot happens behind the scenes, including the event that you seem to be throwing a fit over, so how about you admit that you don't have all the information and should probably not be commenting on these issues from such a position of ignorance.

Putting forth the premise that our nation is inferior compared to his isn't political? Also, wouldn't you penalise someone who brought up abortion in every thread he could? You guys don't feel that allowing him to bait people into arguing on race and creed on a regular basis isn't going to eventually blow up in your faces? Even I've felt tempted to take the bait, that talk is controversial at the best of times but the way he puts it? If someone takes him up on it shitstorm won't even describe it. You're intelligent enough to know that it isn't worth the risk.
The thread made was created as a means for him to spit out his agenda and he *does* have an agenda. The theory was that if he got it out of his system he'd never bring it up again. I think I speak for most of us when I say that would be preferable to being baited by his nationalist nonsense on a regular basis. Now resolve it that way, resolve it your way or wait for some poor bastard whos stupid enough to rise to his bullshit to force you to resolve it the messy way but either way this will eventually be resolved.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baby born with anencephaly to please jesus? - by Reforged - May 30, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2614 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 691122 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2224 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4388 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What happened to the "Civil Discussion" thread? Angrboda 48 7982 November 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make the "civil" discussion part of the forum invisible to non members GUBU 54 8524 November 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Sad Me no like change. Me sad GUBU 12 1383 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Eliminate Automatic Insertion of Horizontal Rule Neo-Scholastic 21 3161 November 29, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 4966 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5758 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172