Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
RE: [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
(May 31, 2012 at 6:36 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: What he does isn't achieved by a simple reference and even if it was you make efforts towards other subjects on a regular basis.

* Violet makes absolutely no effort to do anything.

Responding to Cinjin in a certain thread would require effort. I don't like exertion, even when polite and amiable.

Other subjects just happen to be in my noggin, down some deep hole probably caused by worms in the brain. Mehmet too does speak on other subjects, and he might make an effort on it. Example: Gay marriage. He's all over that, and it's not nationalistic in the slightest.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it is slightly nationalistic... I don't care. Everything I say is tinged by those things most important to me, and Mehmet is not different from me in this case.

Quote:The fact of the matter is you and he are not remotely comparable because you're extremely open to the discussion of other subjects and the only thing you do that could be seen as derailing are the short yet amusing references you occasionally leave that are read, laughed at then forgotten just as quickly. The disruption, if any, is minimal.

This is more of a notation on how much of a failure I am than it is an understanding that I do infact disrupt threads (constantly). Even, and sometimes especially serious ones. Like this one.

Mehmet is open to discussion of other subjects... simply not the same ones I am open to. I am not really that open to discussion of anything... I spout off some ridiculous nonsense that might at first hold up and deflect most critical things. Sure, I'll explain trans-related issues to a foul-mouthed asshole... no, I won't go into existentialism, determinism, and have you even seen me in the philosophy forum lately? Sure, I am these things... but they just aren't important to me. Similarly, I will not discuss atheism/theism: I do not care in the slightest about these.

I only come off as particularly open... I think largely because I am particularly open about sex, transsexuality, relationships... and I'm very happy-go-lucky that says (often silly) things about her personal life.

Mehmet is open to a different set of topics to me... and perhaps he does have less 'net openness'. I don't think that's what is at issue here... how much do you see leo-rcc post? Not often... and when he does it usually involves robotics (because leo is a badass), (a)theism, or humor. This has nothing to do with Mehmet not being as multifaceted as Cthulhu... far more likely that your concern is that he is overabundant in a singular topic that you find disruptive/distasteful. I'm assuming this is your worry... please correct me if I am wrong.

If you were a conservative republican person reading my posts... would not you find what I have to say incredibly distasteful, and very disruptively off-topic? Reading with my surviving grandmother's voice, I'm practically foaming at the mouth in effort to maintain that sneer.

Quote:I fail to see why you would subject yourself to such an inadequete and insulting comparison.

Personally, it does not feel inadequate, or insulting. I like Mehmet, no I do not agree with much of what he says. Outside of my pretend ego, I do not feel any sort of superiority over him (or that many people, frankly).

And I do not endure remote slighting by comparing myself to him.

I used myself as a comparison because I can easily see it. Yes, we are different people... but thing about apples and oranges? They are both fruit. We're certainly not so far apart as the honeybee and the space rock.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action - by Violet - May 31, 2012 at 7:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2630 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 694872 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2272 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4427 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What happened to the "Civil Discussion" thread? Angrboda 48 8015 November 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make the "civil" discussion part of the forum invisible to non members GUBU 54 8577 November 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Sad Me no like change. Me sad GUBU 12 1429 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Eliminate Automatic Insertion of Horizontal Rule Neo-Scholastic 21 3224 November 29, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 5058 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5815 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172