Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie?
RE: [split] Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie?
(July 20, 2012 at 4:44 pm)Hovik Wrote: I can see why someone would think it's pointless or perhaps even a little silly, but that doesn't warrant them being losers or idiots because of it.

So really your problem with my statement is not what I think about the actions of other people, it's that I used the words "loser idiots."
I have a strange feeling that if I used the words silly children, you would've still found a bone to pick with me as it is still an insult no matter how you look at it.

As for the words "loser idiots," I don't find them to be all that offensive. My father can be the king of idiots because he follows the Bible nearly word for word, but that doesn't mean that he's stupid round-the-clock. He's actually a very smart man with a painfully stupid view. Notice how I just judged him and quantified him as an idiot. That is my right to do so, I will not however go and yell at my father to stop believing in something he loves.

Allow me to give you a list of other people that I feel are idiots/ losers/ stupid if not all the time, some of the time.

Radical Conservatives
White Supremacists (neo-Nazis)
Mormons
Radical Liberals
Skateboarders
Telephone Marketers
Mit Romney, Sarah Palin and a host of other politicians
The actors/stuntmen on the show Jackass.
Michigan Drivers
Some Women
Some Men
Clergy
Xray Technicians
People who love anchovies
People who talk too loud on their cell phone
Street Gangs / Criminal thugs
Gambling addicts
Abusive Fathers
People with face tattoos (and I LOVE tattoos)
Carrot Top
Bathroom attendants

... I could go on for hours, but I'm trying to get you to understand that just because I deem an action/person stupid or idiotic doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm exaggerating my dislike for something to make a point. A point that you can easily ignore since I would never infringe on someone's right to be an idiot. As far as I'm aware, I'm allowed to think that people who dress up in tights and truly do WANT to be some silly childhood superhero - are idiots ... even if I'm wrong in my quick assessment.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie? - by Cinjin - July 20, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5490 509727 7 hours ago
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3847 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 839 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 608 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 492 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 526 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 489 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1729 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  An important dressing question Foxaèr 18 578 September 6, 2021 at 5:52 am
Last Post: brewer
  You're a superhero Foxaèr 24 1550 May 15, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Divinity