Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 3:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious 'inspirational' platitudes
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes
(September 4, 2012 at 5:01 pm)festive1 Wrote: From memebase today... It kinda made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...
http://cheezburger.com/6553337856

Ugh. I do see what you mean. Actually it reminded me of this from FSTDT a few years ago (no my memory isn't all that good; I collect and collate some of the more outlandish ones into a Word document for easy reference. It's a big document):

longwaybacksheep Wrote:[Commenting on a study which suggests that women who exercise by doing the housework can reduce their risk of breast cancer]

Missing the point. It's not the exercise. Joggers and Pilates people - and the sun-worshippers - are the ones getting breast cancer. The explanation is this. It is God Who gives you cancer. A woman who keeps house, and bears the children God gives her as a gift, and prays the Rosary - no abortions and no pills - will be cancer-free, all other things being equal. "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; refuse not therefore the chastising of the Lord, for He wounds and cures, He strikes and His hands shall heal" - Job.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Messages In This Thread
Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Cyberman - September 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Jackalope - September 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by idunno - September 4, 2012 at 4:51 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Jackalope - September 4, 2012 at 4:54 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by idunno - September 4, 2012 at 4:55 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Cyberman - September 4, 2012 at 4:58 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by idunno - September 4, 2012 at 4:58 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Cyberman - September 4, 2012 at 4:59 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by festive1 - September 4, 2012 at 5:01 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Cyberman - September 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by festive1 - September 4, 2012 at 5:33 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Ryantology - September 4, 2012 at 5:39 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by padraic - September 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes - by Cyberman - September 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 33313 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope