Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncovering the Markan Allegory II
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II
(September 9, 2012 at 9:56 pm)Drich Wrote: [quote='FallentoReason' pid='334488' dateline='1347240679']
Quote:Because Drich, I'm not going to be someone that states Christianity is false because, in a nutshell, ends don't meet. The matter of the fact is that we have these manuscripts that have been left behind which make certain claims. My aim is to go one further than just saying 'the Bible doesn't stand on its own two feet'. My aim is to demonstrate and explain why such claims have been made. I want to explain what they really believed and what actually happened that led to us having these manuscripts. I want for you to meet your maker. Faith is for the foolish. Without evidence, I wouldn't have posted this.
But that's just it. YOU haven't done any of these things not even once. You copy and paste the flawed works of others and compile them together under your own titles. To which you make a superfical effort support them when properly challenged. However in the end you complations fail to hold up to serious scrutiny. Which is why I've asked what is the point?

You asked us why we continue to believe when the 'evidence' does not support our assertions? I'd like to now ask you the same question. No matter how you'd like to think you'd answer this question, the truth of the matter boils down to your own personal faith in what you believe. You have the same faith in what you believe, as the Christian has in what he believes. Which is what God judges. Your Faith, and where you place it.

So tell yourself what you like, but know deep down the reason you keep returning to this well, the reason you beat this dead horse is because you feel you need to justify your faith, the only way you know how. Which fails and will fail every single time. Why? Because you are basing your efforts in the works, and the faiths of the 'others' that have inspired those works. Meaning you are placing your faith in 'facts' that people have fudged to make thier justifications/beliefs work. You like them are building only one side of the equasion, and you do not put the effort into researching the other side. What truth can be fond in only looking for what you want to find? This is not a research for truth, this is the efforts for a justification of Faith.

Dismantle my 'faith' then. Why did Mark use Paul's teachings as what 'Jesus' would be saying?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle

Messages In This Thread
Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 5, 2012 at 10:33 am
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 5, 2012 at 10:26 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by Undeceived - September 6, 2012 at 1:10 am
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 6, 2012 at 1:38 am
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by Undeceived - September 6, 2012 at 2:44 am
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 6, 2012 at 4:22 am
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by Drich - September 9, 2012 at 7:35 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 9, 2012 at 9:31 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by Drich - September 9, 2012 at 9:56 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 9, 2012 at 10:19 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by Drich - September 9, 2012 at 11:13 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by Minimalist - September 9, 2012 at 10:08 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by Drich - September 9, 2012 at 11:39 pm
RE: Uncovering the Markan Allegory II - by FallentoReason - September 10, 2012 at 12:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allegory vs. Literal Fact in the Bible rexbeccarox 21 4827 April 26, 2013 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Uncovering the Lucan Allegory FallentoReason 23 7925 July 30, 2012 at 6:23 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Uncovering the Markan Allegory II FallentoReason 11 4180 July 27, 2012 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Uncovering the Markan Allegory FallentoReason 7 3986 July 11, 2012 at 3:26 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Primordial Sex--Eden as Allegory Barre 139 57430 January 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  Three examples of Markan expansions of gMark Barre 5 3182 January 6, 2012 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist