Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 9:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop me from chasing religion, for the love of G- oh...
RE: Stop me from chasing religion, for the love of G- oh...
Living as an atheist is surprisingly simple; all you need concern yourself with is getting on with living. That's it. The actual atheism part is really a non-factor, unless you have to conceal your atheism for practical reasons. Yes, the Universe is cold and uncaring about the activities of those funny little carbon-based lifeforms infesting a small blue-green planet whirling around a small unregarded yellow sun in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a nondescript galaxy. In fact the Universe is so vastly, amazingly, mind-bobblingly huge that words such as "vastly, amazingly, mind-bobblingly huge" don't even so much as scratch the surface. Fortunately we don't have to deal with the Universe at that level. All we need concern ourselves with is being allowed to go about our daily business, trusting in return that we don't impede or prevent others from going theirs.

No shepherds, no eye-in-the-sky, no Big Brother. Just humans interacting on a human level with other humans. Why should that be scary?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop me from chasing religion, for the love of G- oh... - by Cyberman - September 10, 2012 at 6:22 pm