Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 7:13 am

Poll: Do you support the legal recognition of multiple partner marriages?
This poll is closed.
Yes
57.38%
35 57.38%
No
22.95%
14 22.95%
Undecided
19.67%
12 19.67%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do you support the legalisation of polyagmy and polyandry
RE: Do you support the legalisation of polyagmy and polyandry
You mean it must inferred from other premises? But moral truths are not always inferred from other premises. Even if they can be justified through premises, a lot of them are believed in without inference.

Humans are then all wrong on all their moral sense if they didn't have detailed explanation justifying any of their morals? They are unjustified on holding to any of their beliefs in morals, because they didn't analyze why they believed it? In this case, when such a person acts according to a belief in a moral, and it is moral, you saying he was unjustified unless he had a complex explanation.

In this case, kids are incapable of any praiseworthy actions. They don't have an explanation explaining why any of their actions are praiseworthy.

Honestly, Genkaus, what I see from Atheists sadly, when debating Theists, is mostly appeal to emotions in reality, and I don't see it from Theists, and I don't think I did it myself often. They resort to mockery for one, often. They constantly assert that they are delusional. And they just ask questions, amount to arguments from ignorance, and if the Theist doesn't have an explanation, it somehow proves he can't possible know. Circular reasoning works because circular works. "You are wrong" etc constant bare assertion.

Evidentialism has been refuted in Philosophy.

I have a question, you have a sense of pride...do you rationally investigate everything you have done till now, compare it to others, attribute a measurement by inference from an argument of how praiseworthy that action should be, then get your sense of pride and justify it?

If you have a method of universal principles that will apply to all morals, and you can prove it, go ahead and show me. I'm willing to listen. Until then, I'm just doing what most humans have done, and you can believe that they had no justified moral actions if you want.

(October 27, 2012 at 6:51 pm)genkaus Wrote: And since you have been unable to justify that position, even to yourself, why should you stand in the way of its legalization?

There was a few reasons I gave, see the conversation between me and violet.

How would you like it if your mom had several husbands btw? How would you like being raised with 5 on 5 poly for example?

The sanctity of marriage in cultures is there for a reason, even if they never been able to articulate it. Marriage now should succumb to recognizing a 20 on 20 marriage for example?

Is that also alright for kids? 20 men with 20 women, married together?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you support the legalisation of polyagmy and polyandry - by MysticKnight - October 27, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation I NEED logical support... rsngfrce 127 15184 June 17, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  why don't atheists support scientology? leodeo 114 29462 November 14, 2013 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: IAmNotHere
  Why do they SUPPORT me??? Chris.Roth 3 1680 May 18, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Chris.Roth
  Support for Geert Wilders political party explodes after british expulsion. leo-rcc 9 5172 February 22, 2009 at 9:03 am
Last Post: bozo