Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death.
RE: Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death.
Quote:You've misunderstood. It simply shows that in the gay community drug use is higher, STI's are higher, number of sexual partners in the last 6 months is higher, unemployment is higher, etc, this isn't unique to Canberra - it's the same in Sydney, Melbourne, and the other capital cities where the periodic surveys are done. I imagine the same would be true in the USA and other western countries. How would you address the problems is my question. You're not going to tell people not to engage in gay sex, you're not going to tell them not to have gay relationships - how will you address the issues of drugs, STI's and unemployment in the gay community - besides "do nothing"?

The problem lies with the gay community? I think not. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that most of those issues stem from how they are treated including their family's reaction (look at the gay teen homelessness rates), under the law, or the community at large.

The std issue may be partially due to mechanics, I don't know (I hear lesbian sex is the safest though).

Doing nothing to them sounds like an excellent plan tbh. Treating them no differently than you would anyone else. I'd say the problems are largely because we haven't been doing that.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death. - by Darth - November 14, 2012 at 9:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The hearings and a matter of law. Brian37 0 229 June 29, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4559 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  LAW and CIVILIZATION senorlegalo 64 5025 January 19, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 439 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2578 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1186 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2733 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2899 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 638 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3518 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet