Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death.
RE: Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death.
(November 15, 2012 at 3:09 am)Daniel Wrote:
(November 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm)TaraJo Wrote: I wonder if Danny boy here is aware of how well those good, Christian sexual ethics have worked out here.

To start with, I've already mentioned abstinence education, right? Plain and simple, it doesn't work. I don't think I have ever seen a reliable study done that has shown evidence that it does.
Don't try to set me up as someone I'm not. You have to meet people where they are, you can't expect non-Christians to accept Christian morals, if you care about the people you wish to help, you have to reach them in ways which will work for them.

Problem: Statement A has nothing to do with Statement B. Abstinnce education doesn't work, never has and probably never will, whether it's with Christians or not.

Besides which, as far as sex goes, morals are pretty darn similar with Islam, Judaism and most religious belief systems. Monogamy is pretty much standard fare across the board, with exceptions where one man can have multiple wives (which, by the way, was considered normal and acceptable for most of Biblical history as well, seeing as how many Biblican patriarchs had multiple wives).

Danny, I'm calling bullshit on you. Care to try again?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death. - by TaraJo - November 15, 2012 at 9:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The hearings and a matter of law. Brian37 0 229 June 29, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4560 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  LAW and CIVILIZATION senorlegalo 64 5025 January 19, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 439 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2578 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1186 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2733 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2899 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 638 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3518 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet