Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 5:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majority of Americans think the GOP is too extreme
RE: Majority of Americans think the GOP is too extreme
(December 24, 2012 at 11:04 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(December 24, 2012 at 10:00 am)TaraJo Wrote: I really hate hearing everyone say "Both parties are the same!" It's a sign of blatent stupidity. I mean, just look at the platforms of both parties, presented side by side, and you'll see what I mean. Fact is, I have a lot to gain if employment or housing discrimination against GLBT people is passed. The Republicans ain't gonna do that for me. I have a lot to gain if Pell Grants continue and the Republicans want to do away with that. I get health care from a center that's partially funded by grants which, again, the Republican party puts at risk. And those are just a few of the issues I can think of now. Part of the reason I vote Democrat is because, given their track record, I'm confident that their position on future issues will be more in line with my beliefs.

http://compare2012.returncontrol.com/?ut...dium=email

I mean, all that is fine, but what you should be wary of is falling into the thinking that because the democrats support things that make your life better, it doesn't mean they are right on all issues. You seem to give them blanket support for everything just because they (kinda) support a few issues you care about.

Name me one label where everyone who subscribes to that label agrees on everything all the time. Even as atheists we don't always agree on all things all the time.

We are human beings first. I hate loyalty oaths and guilt by association. Having said that, BOTH parties are NOT the same, and saying something is flawed is all you are doing. There is no such thing as a utopia, but the Democrats ARE trying to correct 30 years of the extraction bubble market the Republicans allowed Corporate America to set up.

There is no "lesser of the two evils", there is the republican party which is the arm of the robber baron class, and there are the Democrats who actually care about the health of our economy and increasing the stability of more NOT LESS people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Majority of Americans think the GOP is too extreme - by Brian37 - December 24, 2012 at 11:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2241 150709 Yesterday at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 3366 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 688 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1109 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I dont get why Americans are complaining about Monarchy Woah0 0 519 September 10, 2022 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10320 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1527 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1274 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  For Americans Who are willing to act Rhizomorph13 13 936 September 21, 2020 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Sal
  The "Silenced" Majority Haipule 17 1460 January 28, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire