Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN
RE: 2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN
(January 7, 2013 at 3:36 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
(January 7, 2013 at 3:19 pm)BGChuckLee Wrote: Well said. Another argument is from the employee's perspective. If I want to work for $5 an hour, why are people stopping me?

I'll ignore the fact that your argument has zero practical value and just remind you that nobody is stopping you from returning the balance of your money to your employer if you feel you're being overpaid.

If you cut out the minimum wage (or keep it so low that it doesn't even come close to constituting a living wage for more than an individual), more people will need more assistance to survive. That's why every Wal-Mart store costs taxpayers almost half a million dollars per year.

And, I don't buy the 'I didn't consent' argument. Nobody is forcing you to stay here and use resources I help pay for. Go someplace where the government isn't capable of interfering with your free markets. I hear Somalia is a libertarian paradise these days. Don't forget your armed guards.

Again, this is what I was speaking about when people oversimplify economics. If you set a minimum wage- that means EVERYONE's required wage goes up, as in- the person farming your food, delivering your food, stacking your food on the shelves- and everything in between goes up in cost. So naturally, the cost of everything goes up with the minimum wage. And what happens in a fiat currency country, all that happens as a result- is more money is printed. So if anything, the standard of living goes down across the board, since you are devaluing currency now too, as well as shacking fists at businesses. So the minimum wage back fires completely, as the previous poster just said. The Government should never pick winners and losers in the market.

You are way off board. I'm against violence, I don't really care what costume you wear, or what flag you are under. Somalia's violence is monopolised by 'private' thugs, rather than state thugs, so it's not my place. I'm just against violence, the government just happens to have a monopoly on violence here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012 Elections results finally in US officially applies 4 Banana Republic status @ UN - by BGChuckLee - January 7, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 1080 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 2236 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  When Trump finally acknowledges a death... arewethereyet 68 4609 September 27, 2020 at 6:58 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1995 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 8590 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 2095 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Biden finally jumps in.... Brian37 55 4579 May 25, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 257 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  He's finally behind bars.... Joods 0 321 September 20, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  This is officially the funniest thing Trump has ever said Aegon 12 1613 September 19, 2018 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Seraphina