Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you ever seen something weird
RE: have you ever seen something weird
Quote:When you or anyone sees something you don't understand or can't explain, that is all it means.

So youre saying when i see something i dont understand i see something i dont understand, thats pretty self explanatory. And i didnt say i thought it was area 51 causing the rain either which is a weird assumption to come to from you.

Quote:That really is no different than when people say to me at work "you read my mind", not understanding that I simply have my eyes open and am just more aware of what is going on.

Well first of all unless the people you work with literally think you can read their mind, i think your taking the expression "you read my mind" way too seriously. And second of all how is people in your work thinking along similar lines to you and saying "you read my mind" similar in any way to me seeing something to do with rain patterns that i cant explain.

Quote:It is perfectly ok to say "I don't know", but it is not ok to start a thread like this without some sort of rational explanation as to why we as a species "freak out" when "mysterious" things happen.

I put this thread in the skepticism section because i am a skeptic on everything yet i have seen a couple of things in my life which i havent been able to explain, i didnt literally freak out when saw this thing and start believing in god or aliens.

Quote:What is not happening in any of these cases is all the woo crap you see on cable TV. The only right and rational thing one can say in cases like this is "I don't know", but we don't have to fill in those gaps with si fi or wooish garbage

I dont know why you keep mentioning sci fi, and i dont know what woo is and you keep mentioning that either. Its just a simple question have you ever seen anything you couldnt explain as far as im aware youre the only person whos brought up anything to do with sci fi on this thread.

(January 9, 2013 at 2:52 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: The only thing I can think of was when I was 9. I walked into the garage coming from the kitchen and I vividly saw hundreds of roaches running across the floor. I saw them for like 1 second before I panicked and shut the door and ran back into the house. A few minutes later I opened the door to the garage again and didn't seen anything. Guessing it was a hallucination. I had watched a Twilight Zone marathon that same day which at the time was the scariest show I ever saw. So over active imagination fueled by horror shows.

I did the same thing actually but i was about 19 and i saw a huge moth on the wall of my kitchen, way too big to be real considering i live in england and we dont have moths the size of which i saw but when i got back it was gone. My only explanation for this is just seeing things or an acid flashback or id been smoking weed too much at the time.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
have you ever seen something weird - by paulpablo - January 8, 2013 at 11:16 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Ryantology - January 9, 2013 at 2:57 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Cato - January 9, 2013 at 3:42 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Cinjin - January 9, 2013 at 3:42 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Cato - January 9, 2013 at 3:51 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Brian37 - January 9, 2013 at 9:33 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by paulpablo - January 9, 2013 at 9:48 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by frankiej - January 9, 2013 at 10:13 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by paulpablo - January 9, 2013 at 10:18 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Brian37 - January 9, 2013 at 10:36 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by paulpablo - January 9, 2013 at 10:38 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Brian37 - January 9, 2013 at 11:21 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by paulpablo - January 9, 2013 at 12:12 pm
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Brian37 - January 9, 2013 at 1:48 pm
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Dee Dee Ramone - January 9, 2013 at 11:30 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Brian37 - January 9, 2013 at 11:37 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by CapnAwesome - January 9, 2013 at 11:56 am
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Brian37 - January 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by CapnAwesome - January 9, 2013 at 12:57 pm
RE: have you ever seen something weird - by Brian37 - January 10, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A weird conversation Asmodee 6 1243 February 22, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  I don't believe in Ghosts but I have seen one. MrSqurk 96 34731 May 22, 2012 at 11:04 am
Last Post: fuckass365