Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 1:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws
(January 22, 2013 at 8:33 pm)pocaracas Wrote: But, if there is an imbalance without anthropogenic CO2, then this imbalance only gets worse with anthropogenic CO2.
OR do you have data that supports that anthropogenic CO2 has a negligible contribution to the plot I showed in a previous post?
Well, we don't expect it to be balanced, as your ice-core graph shows we expect CO2 to either be building up in the atmosphere or dissipating.
Quote:Over-fishing? It may be one more factor to be thrown into the pot.
From what I remember of reading about this in that National Geographic article I linked before, the main CO2 absorbers in the ocean are shellfish, with a big impact on plankton.
Global ocean acidification may be affected by over-fishing in areas where plankton doesn't get replenished... but I'm not convinced the lack of fish would lead to lack of plankton.... If anything, I'd imagine it would lead to a (at least temporary) increase of plankton. But I have no data either way, so I have nothing to substantiate it. Do you?
Not on hand, but I thought scientists generally agree that ocean acidification is mostly due to the effect of overfishing on the bio-system?
Quote:In the past, maybe... Right now, not so sure. Do note the spike in CO2 in the last few data points of the plot in the previous post. I'm not sure those points are outliers.
TBH, I actually don't have a hard time accepting anthropogenic EGHG's being responsible for about 0.2 - 0.3 degrees of the trend. If true it points to CO2 being directly attributable in and of itself to 0.1-0.16 degrees. That's such a tiny amount though that I can't see the reason why we are so worried about it. And I have a hard time accepting that it will be a significant impact in the future. The global climate is always changing, we are always experiencing climate change, at least a few tenths of a degree per century.

If the theory on water-vapour feedback was rock-solid and proven, I'd accept AGW theory. But I see this as the biggest problem with the theory.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Messages In This Thread
Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Sciworks - January 16, 2013 at 9:48 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 16, 2013 at 10:08 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 19, 2013 at 10:24 pm
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by jonb - January 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 20, 2013 at 12:09 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 20, 2013 at 10:11 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 23, 2013 at 6:49 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 27, 2013 at 10:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  truth about game theory, bad or good for the world? Quill01 13 2312 August 21, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Damn! How bad did they want to burn up Ted Bundy ? vorlon13 2 1037 December 12, 2016 at 1:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why combating bad claims is important. Brian37 9 2375 November 24, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37