Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult
RE: Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult
(March 22, 2013 at 9:29 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: As you are referring to 150-100 BCE I am getting a bit confused. Undecided

Even here https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/displa...to+334+BCE

I am not sure of the source of the confusion. I have been always been talking about Ptolemaic Egypt, Greek Egypt.

As to wikipedia and all encyclopedias they are designed to target high school students. We here a beyond that. For example, most anything related to bibleland is dominated by believers who deny Josephus and Herodotus when it conflicts with their religious tradition. They deny Josephus and Herodotus were even historians. Only what their fellow believers say about bibleland is acceptable.

Considering those points it is clear wikipedia is only suitable for high school level work as what Josephus and Herodotus actually wrote is beyond the high school level. High school level material is to empart the lowest common denominator of cultural and societal beliefs.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up A_Mouse.

My skills in this area are very limited Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult - by KichigaiNeko - March 23, 2013 at 10:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Origin of April Fools? Goosebump 2 583 April 2, 2023 at 3:41 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Allah/Yahweh/Jesus are like....... Brian37 10 3029 April 23, 2017 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Cult of Alice dyresand 2 1194 April 14, 2015 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist